What was your first video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pong for me too, and while I was working on "War Games" as a propman, we had the Galaga machine in our storeroom from the arcade scene, which we played constantly. I got into the couple hundred thousand score, but the other guys were much better than me.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Pong for me as well.

Pong for me too, and while I was working on "War Games" as a propman, we had the Galaga machine in our storeroom from the arcade scene, which we played constantly. I got into the couple hundred thousand score, but the other guys were much better than me.

kohanmike...Are you IA?

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Nice to talk to you Brother! I am a proud Union Member of Local #11 Stagehands (25 years) and Local #481 Studio Mechanics (30 years).

P.S. to the OP, Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Taking "video" game loosely, the first I played was Colossal Cave over a teletype printer. My much-older cousin (uncle?) ran a main-frame time-share in Calgary and had me in severe hero-worship mode!

I can't remember the first I played in an arcade--lots of Joust on a youth-centre machine, but that was much later! Probably Asteroids or PacMan

The first I had at home was Cannonball Blitz on the Apple ][+, followed soon after by Choplifter

the first one I really mastered was an early 80's arcade game called Defender.
after that I got to Time Pilot and Galaga -
a fond memory for me was mooching around the brighton le sands Hotel (south Sydney) as a 10-13 year old
when my parents would go there for lunches pretty regularly. they fed themselves on fisherman's baskets and
fed me with 20c coins and I went and played all the games there, including the pinballs
until the local winos had all had enough of me beating em. :)

A cocktail style arcade table in a Pizza Hut lobby.... Early Space Invaders, when it was just black and white. I used to take my bike and ride their after school, was much farther than I was allowed to ride, but I would sit their for hours pumpin in quarters and then try to ride home as fast as I could to get back before sunset.

Pong

Then Space Invaders

Then Pacman

My grandparents had one of the early home Pong machines in the mid 1970's. I'd suspect that I played a Space Invaders cabinet at a bar or restaurant some time after that, but before my first experience with home Atari systems or video arcades.

My first video game was, arguably, Donkey Kong Jr Game & Watch. If that doesn't count as a video game (which it isn't, exactly), then it would be, possibly, Grand Prix or Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum. Something like that, anyway.

I got back into video games as an adult, when I was 24 - my first video game at that time was GTA Vice City.

Pong... mid 70s. I went into my favorite bar and they had a Pong game built into a table. Folks were standing three deep around that table. We’d never seen anything like it.

Contra :D It was the first game I played. The feeling is different now, the 3D game is mass-produced, but its appeal also decreases very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom