Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was your first video game?

the first one I really mastered was an early 80's arcade game called Defender.
    after that I got to Time Pilot and Galaga -
    a fond memory for me was mooching around the brighton le sands Hotel (south Sydney) as a 10-13 year old
    when my parents would go there for lunches pretty regularly. they fed themselves on fisherman's baskets and
    fed me with 20c coins and I went and played all the games there, including the pinballs
    until the local winos had all had enough of me beating em.

A cocktail style arcade table in a Pizza Hut lobby.... Early Space Invaders, when it was just black and white. I used to take my bike and ride their after school, was much farther than I was allowed to ride, but I would sit their for hours pumpin in quarters and then try to ride home as fast as I could to get back before sunset.

Pong

Then Space Invaders

Then Pacman
    Col.
    From the UK with a bad case of MIAS.
    Korg PA700, Korg Kross 2, Gibson LP, Fender Jazz Bass,
    + Amps, PA, Boss GT100, mixer.
    Ukes - Kala KA-TEME and Risa ST electric solid body.
    Uke wish list, a Bass, make and model yet to be determined

pong. Your going to get this answer a lot. I got really hooked on Missile Command and Frogger

My grandparents had one of the early home Pong machines in the mid 1970's. I'd suspect that I played a Space Invaders cabinet at a bar or restaurant some time after that, but before my first experience with home Atari systems or video arcades.
    Cordoba guilele
    Rebel N.E.O. tenor
    Birger Huber Baritone

My first video game was, arguably, Donkey Kong Jr Game & Watch. If that doesn't count as a video game (which it isn't, exactly), then it would be, possibly, Grand Prix or Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum. Something like that, anyway.

I got back into video games as an adult, when I was 24 - my first video game at that time was GTA Vice City.

Paddle Battle in 1972

Pong... mid 70s. I went into my favorite bar and they had a Pong game built into a table. Folks were standing three deep around that table. We’d never seen anything like it.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

Thread Information