Tele Tenor

Interesting. Am I correct in saying this works as a baritone uke? Fender-Alternate-Reality-Tenor-Tele.jpg

In an instant I would make that a bass, but I have a custom made 22" scale Tele bass already.

Tele with strap 700.jpg

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

23" scale is well beyond bari uke territory to me, but I'm sure you could tune it to DGBE with the right strings

Last edited:
Elderly’s description appears to come from Fender. Apparently the manufacturer’s default tuning is DGBE, though tuning in fifths is certainly an option. I’m primarily a soprano or concert guy, but I’ve always had a soft spot for telecasters. I’ve also fancied a tenor guitar for a long time, so this might satisfy two urges at once.

The knobs are all in a straight line, looks really odd. Overall i like the look of Eastwood tenors more.

GCEA is also an accepted alternate tuning

Top Bottom