Thread: Anyone have the new cordoba mini ii bass mh-e ?

Default Anyone have the new cordoba mini ii bass mh-e ?

Let's hear some reviews, demo?

Hmm, $199 at Sweetwater, looks like another reason why RondoMusic.com is limiting their stock.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

23" scale more like the Ohana OBU-22...
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe | Kala SUB - Kala round wounds

Oops, didn't notice that, but agree, and it has what most likely are the same nylon core wound strings like Kala (which I don't like at all).

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Oops, didn't notice that, but agree, and it has what most likely are the same nylon core wound strings like Kala (which I don't like at all).
    Similar construction, but different. I have the Kala round wounds on my solid body, not my favorites, but are fun on the solid body. They stay in tune a lot better than Pahoehoes!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns

I'm not too knowledgeable about ubass strings. Could you elaborate on what you don't like about those strings?

Personally, I like my acoustic/electric Exotic Mahogany Ubass with Pahoehoes because it has a cool upright bass sound. The round wound strings for the Ubass are nylon core wound with steel and make more fret noise and have a more electric bass sound, if that's what you're looking for.
    Just Play

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUSAFRet View Post
    I'm not too knowledgeable about ubass strings. Could you elaborate on what you don't like about those strings?
    Quote Originally Posted by UkerDanno View Post
    The round wound strings for the U-bass are nylon core wound with steel and make more fret noise and have a more electric bass sound, if that's what you're looking for.
    Yes, they make too much fret noise (farting) for me, and also the zing of the winding. Both me and the other bass player in my uke group had the same problem, and no matter how hard we tried to improve our technique, they still farted.

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

thank you. Going to start seeing some used/refurbs for $150 more or less soon. May have to jump on one

Thread Information