Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquila Sugar strings? And now testing better version... what to do?

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

Wink Aquila Sugar strings? I am testing a better version... what to do?

Hi guys,
    I have a question:
    In order to reduce the problem of squeack (and to have the performance similar to the fluorcarbon strings) ther Sugar set is made, from the begginning, not with pure Sugar polymer but with a blend between Nylgut and Sugar.
    Using this blend the squeack is under better control while the sound is around the typical fluorcarbon performance.

Well, recently I have done some further tests using pure Sugar polymer of the very recent generation (I call it 2.0, while for the Sugar uke set I employ 1.0 generation: the sound is exactly the same): the squeack of the 2.0 sugar seems to be less than those of the 1.0.

But the performances are superb (I wonder: maybe too much?), far over the ufficial Sugar set so.. what to do??

Well, guys, I would like to knows if there are there a few of volunteers available -that already well knows our Sugar set- that can test for me the pure Sugar strings.

At the same time I would like to know if the squeack problem is similar to those of the standard Sugar set or more (normally after a week or so on it goes away or/and using a bit of hand lotion).

You can reach me there:
    aquila@aquilacorde.com

Please remember: your complete address plus a phone

The sets available are only these ones: high G sets for soprano, concerto, tenor.
    No any low G version, no baritone, no 6 strings tenors.

Thanks a lot!
    Mimmo
    Last edited by mimmo; 02-20-2019 at 12:47 AM.

I'm interested! Email sent.
    Adam

C.F. Martin (C1K) All Solid Koa Concert - Martin M610 Premium Polygut Soprano/Concert
    Kremona Coco All Solid Cedar / Indian Rosewood - Custom Seaguar Mix (STS Salmon & Premier)
    Kala (KA-SPMT-TRI) All Solid Spruce / Pau Ferro / Mango Tenor - Worth Brown Tenor + Fremont Soloist Low G
    Outdoor Blue Nickel Soprano - Aurora Green Strings Soprano
    Kala (KA-SWG-BL) Glow-in-the-Dark Aqua Matte Waterman Soprano - Martin M600 Clear Fluorocarbon Soprano/Concert

Me too...Email sent.

Same here, Thanks Mimmo.

Email sent!

I really like the overall sound of the 1.0 version, but the squeaking really did drive me crazy at first!

Email sent!
    A day without playing uke is a day not well lived.

Joseph

Thank you very much to all of you that mailed me.Now we can stop for other volunteers
    There are many available.
    Thanks guys!
    Anxious to hear the opinions
    Mimmo

I am always impressed with the research and product testing that Mimmo does. Amazing that he keeps rolling out new products

Ah ah, I am not Supermimmo, dude.
    yes, I spend a lot of energy on these things because i love music as well as research.
    But, at the end of the job, I am a lot tired, so I have a few of spare time for my uke (and you cannot immage which kind of strings I have installed on....).
    In the extruder room there are 40 to 50 celsius degree and noise.
    So good to have you, guys ,that always help me to test all these crazy things that come out from my head. Ja.
    For the sake of music....
    Mimmo

Just wanted to let you know that all of your work is noticed and appreciated!
    Last edited by EDW; 03-03-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Thread Information