FS:Southern Cross Banjo Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.
It refers to the days when automobiles had skinny tires (tyres) with inner tubes. People would kick the tires to makes ure they were sound and seated correctly on the rim.

Often people would go to the dealers on a nice day and walk around the lot. Occasionally kicking the tires and sometimes looking under the hood to pretend they were interested buyers. "Tire-kickers" became somewhat of a slang term for browsers who weren't serious buyers. Though I haven't heard it used in quite a long while.

Jim's answer is better...

It refers to the days when automobiles had skinny tires (tyres) with inner tubes. People would kick the tires to makes ure they were sound and seated correctly on the rim.

Often people would go to the dealers on a nice day and walk around the lot. Occasionally kicking the tires and sometimes looking under the hood to pretend they were interested buyers. "Tire-kickers" became somewhat of a slang term for browsers who weren't serious buyers. Though I haven't heard it used in quite a long while.

Jim's answer is better...

So is Mr Goat suggesting that someone should buy, rather than window shop? If so I am in favour. :D

Price Reduced

One and only price drop
Was US$975.00
Now US$895.00 Plus US$85.00 shipping and insurance.

A tire kicker could also be called a Lookie Lou.
I wish I had the dough for a tasty banjouke like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom