Season 367 - A Simple Gift

SEASON 367 - THE WRAP

Good morning, my friends. Usually I do a video for a wrap and preferably on the Tuesday after my Season ends, but as a result of an unexpected trip to the vet yesterday, I've got to shift gear. (Not to worry. This basically involves a cyst between doggie toes bursting. It requires attention and monitoring, but hopefully, will heal properly with both of those.) So, I'll not be moving the microphone and music stand and making noise while Seamus is resting, as he is now.

I begin by offering my most sincere gratitude for your contributions to this past Season. Your dedications to loved ones, friends, and most of all, each other were deeply touching. The dedications that you offered to me I will never forget. Our bonds in the Seasons are deep ones and this Season reminded me so strongly of that. Thank you so very much.

Our final playlist has 83 videos. (Videos deleted along the way do not figure in this count.) Our total number of participating Seasonistas was 39.

Each and every performance was an absolutely beautiful listening experience for me; please do not doubt that! Yet, I'd like to mention some performances that I was particularly taken with. All of these are listed in no particular order.

COLLABORATIONS
mountain goat, Joo, Mezcalero (Jon, Joo, Kevin) - "comic book writer"
Recovering Bassist and AlanDP (Trent, Alan) - "A Small Small World"

INSTRUMENTALS
bonesigh - "Gently"
pabrizzer - "Sparkle and Shine"

ORIGINALS
RAB11 - "A Life for a Life"
DelGriff - "You're Always There For Me"
Ginas Uke - "Debris"
mountain goat - "always"

COVERS
cazteclo - "(Wish I Could) Hideaway"
LimousinLil - "Days"
Linda Louden - "Sisters"
Tootler - "My Lady's A Wild Flying Dove"
Yukio - "Reet Petite"
Ceejay - "Pride and Joy"
TCK - "One Mans Story"

I am sending out a gift this week and I've chosen hendulele as recipient. Rick has been such an important presence on the Season during my entire time here. He embraces each theme with his heartfelt contributions. Additionally, along the way, as we've needed hosts, Rick has been the one to to step up and donate his time. This week, Rick has had to deal with some issues involving his animal companions. Still, he sent me a p.m., telling me how much he liked the theme and how he hoped to join in if he could. He took time out to send me the gift of a kind word. And then? He did manage to sing a couple for us. Rick, please send me a p.m. with your address and thank you for all you've done for all of us.

And so, my friends, thank you so very much for sharing the gifts of song. I am so very grateful. Love, Linda

Linda, you are so kind and thoughtful. Thanks you so much for hosting a meaningful season. PM on the way.

Thank you!!

Rick

thanks so much for hosting such a wonderful season and theme, linda, i hope seamus is all better very soon, and the same hope goes out to rick's lovely pets too, who are always a delight to see when they appear in his vids! and a very very deserving gift recipient too, congrats, rick, you embody all the very best qualities of this little uke community that we share

Thanks so much for your good wishes for Seamus and for making this Season so very enjoyable. Without you? No Patti Smith. Need I say more? ;) Seriously, your contributions were phenomenal. Thank you!

Very many thanks for the Season, Linda ... your theme brought out some interesting and heartfelt contributions. Congrats to Rick, who is a worthy winner!

Thank you very much, Val, for your kind thoughts here and the enthusiasm you've brought to this Season, as well as every other Season since you've arrived, for that matter. :)

A wonderful job of hosting and a timely wrap. Thank you Linda. Yes Rick certainly deserves your shout out. He is also such a thoughtful seasonista and participates fully in what we have here.

Greetings,

Thank you for a wonderful week Linda and the terrific theme. (and for the mention). It's all about the wonderful gift of music that we give to one another as well as to ourselves. Have a great week everyone, especially our winner Rick. As a huge pet lover, hoping the pooch is on the way to a speedy recovery.

Ciao

Greetings,

Thank you for a wonderful week Linda and the terrific theme. (and for the mention). It's all about the wonderful gift of music that we give to one another as well as to ourselves. Have a great week everyone, especially our winner Rick. As a huge pet lover, hoping the pooch is on the way to a speedy recovery.

Ciao

Many thanks, Gina, for all of your kind thoughts and for sharing the beautiful poem about your mom's house in song. I won't forget that song. Thank you so much! :)

A wonderful job of hosting and a timely wrap. Thank you Linda. Yes Rick certainly deserves your shout out. He is also such a thoughtful seasonista and participates fully in what we have here.

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts, Brian, and for your terrific contributions to the Season. I'm very appreciative of both and thank you for all you do to keep our calendar of hosts filled, so that we can continue to enjoy SOTU the way we do.

Wonderful job as always Linda! Hoping your furry companion recovers quickly and fully ~

Wonderful job as always Linda! Hoping your furry companion recovers quickly and fully ~

Many many thanks, Kev, for all of your good wishes. And thank you so very much for "Nuages" and the Keb'Mo' and the fantastic collabs with Jon and Joo and and and and. You've been such an important part of the Season and I'm so thankful! Hope you're lovin' the Seasons because I think the Seasons are lovin' you. :)

Excellent Season Linda, and thanks for the shout out!

Many thanks so you, Trent, for your kind words here and your joining in the week. I know you had a busy time with work and all, but you still managed to bring us the world's best lonely hearts song and a fantastic collab with Alan. Can't thank you enough, Trent! :)

Linda, you are so kind and thoughtful. Thanks you so much for hosting a meaningful season. PM on the way.

Thank you!!

Rick

Rick, I hope you can feel the love sent to you by your friends here. Thank you very much for your presence among us and all you do to contribute to SOTU. Package on the way! :) Thank you! Linda

Felix has arrived!! Linda sent this delightful uke to me and I can't wait to add some worthy strings and strum away!

Coming soon to a Season near you ...

Thank you again, Linda!!

felix.jpg

my brother is excited and Linda is the cat's pyjamas.
we all knew this before.
as you were, people...
until Felix comes out to play :)
dammit I love you guys.

Felix has arrived!! Linda sent this delightful uke to me and I can't wait to add some worthy strings and strum away!

Coming soon to a Season near you ...

Thank you again, Linda!!

View attachment 116060

You're going to be the Big Cat at the next Raleigh Uke Club meeting with Felix! Best to put LoJack on it maybe. ;) So glad you're happy, Rick! :)

Linda, I am just now seeing this but wanted to forward my appreciation for the special invite. I loved finding some time for Laurie and all the rest of you. I completely missed pa's week and this week doesn't look very promising either. For those that don't know I am going through a remodel. Last week I moved half my house nearly by myself. 2500 sq ft of home is now cleared out and ready for the next step. Unfortunately it is taking up every second of my mind and time. I will be seeing a chiropractor tomorrow in hopes for some relief of the abuse Ive inflicted on myself.

Thanks so much for including me in your write up. So very very kind of you considering the talent here.

Congratulations Rick and Felix!:rock:

Linda, I am just now seeing this but wanted to forward my appreciation for the special invite. I loved finding some time for Laurie and all the rest of you. I completely missed pa's week and this week doesn't look very promising either. For those that don't know I am going through a remodel. Last week I moved half my house nearly by myself. 2500 sq ft of home is now cleared out and ready for the next step. Unfortunately it is taking up every second of my mind and time. I will be seeing a chiropractor tomorrow in hopes for some relief of the abuse Ive inflicted on myself.

Thanks so much for including me in your write up. So very very kind of you considering the talent here.

Congratulations Rick and Felix!:rock:

I know that I'm not the only one missing your presence here. I hope the remodeling goes well and that you don't push yourself too much with all the physical, emotional and mental demands it causes. Take as good care of you as you do of everyone else! And I'm hoping that you'll come home here to us soon! :)

Top Bottom