kerfed linin?

Steve-atl

Reaction score
What do you guys use for kerfed lining?

Do you make your own? On the stew Mac kit baritone ukulele, it was just a strip of wood maybe an 8th inch wide, made out of basswood probably.

Stewmac sells a size for a Mandolin and a size for a guitar. Would either one of these work?

Thanks

I use the mandolin kerfed linings which is almost sized perfectly for a tenor. They will probably be a tad short for a baritone, but just buy an extra strip and snap off some extra bits and connect. No big deal.

Last edited:
I used to use guitar reverse kerf linings. I cut them down about 1/8".
I now make/use solid linings.

Last edited:
So since you have had some suggestions for making them I will give you some for buying them as well so you have options...

Here some ready made options if you should want them:

Mahogany Kerfed Linings: http://rctonewoods.com/RCT_Store/uk...ny-uke-rectangular-kerfed-linings-p-1453.html

Basswood Kerfed Linings: http://rctonewoods.com/RCT_Store/uk...anodlin-triangular-kerfed-linings-p-1199.html

I think the Basswood are triangular and the Mahogany are square but both are sized for ukulele or mandolins....I can say that I have had good experiences with the folks at RC Tonewoods when I have ordered form them.....If you are looking for something they do not have listed contact them as they will usually be able and willing to help you.

So since you have had some suggestions for making them I will give you some for buying them as well so you have options...

Here some ready made options if you should want them:

Mahogany Kerfed Linings: http://rctonewoods.com/RCT_Store/uk...ny-uke-rectangular-kerfed-linings-p-1453.html

Basswood Kerfed Linings: http://rctonewoods.com/RCT_Store/uk...anodlin-triangular-kerfed-linings-p-1199.html

I think the Basswood are triangular and the Mahogany are square but both are sized for ukulele or mandolins....I can say that I have had good experiences with the folks at RC Tonewoods when I have ordered form them.....If you are looking for something they do not have listed contact them as they will usually be able and willing to help you.

Thanks for the links. The sit looks great.

Hi,
i'm not an expert because it's my first building, yet, it's how i'procced last week :
1 - take wood :
IMG_20190221_213810.jpg
2 - create on the two side au cut in the middle (useful for divide the length
IMG_20190221_220422.jpg
3 - make profil / outline (sorry for my english)
IMG_20190221_233039.jpg
4 - cut with the saw
IMG_20190221_235624.jpg
after that, cut on the length

you will obtain this :
IMG_20190224_003522.jpg
in the light :
IMG_20190224_003547.jpg
you can see here some linin :
IMG_20190225_144657.jpg
there are some different sizes because i need to search a little before find the good technique and the good size for my uku outline

you will obtain this :
View attachment 115795
in the light :
View attachment 115796
you can see here some linin :
View attachment 115797
there are some different sizes because i need to search a little before find the good technique and the good size for my uku outline

Merci donc vous les faites deux fois plus large que vous avez besoin de la, couper les fentes et couper la doublure vers le bas la Sorcière du milieu vous donne un plateau. Je suis à l'aide d'un anglais français traducteur comment ça marche?

Merci donc vous les faites deux fois plus large que vous avez besoin de la, couper les fentes et couper la doublure vers le bas la Sorcière du milieu vous donne un plateau. Je suis à l'aide d'un anglais français traducteur comment ça marche?

Works fine for me Thank you so you make them twice as wide as you need to, cut the slots and cut the lining down the middle witch gives you a tray. I am using a french english translator how does it work?

:rotfl:
Thanks for the french translator, yet it will be better to keep the english ( exept if it's normal to talk about witch in the middle earth ? :) )
As you Can seen,you're right. After divide in block, i cut the wood in the middle. You will obtain 2 linen
In my case, my cutting are so small that i obtain several small linen.
Don't forget : i'm just a neewbie , not sur that it's a good Idea to follow this ..

Last edited:
:rotfl:
Thanks for the french translator, yet it will be better to keep the english ( exept if it's normal to talk about witch in the middle earth ? :) )
As you Can seen,you're right. After divide in block, i cut the wood in the middle. You will obtain 2 linen
In my case, my cutting are so small that i obtain several small linen.
Don't forget : i'm just a neewbie , not sur that it's a good Idea to follow this ..

I guess it works because I was talking about witches in middle earth :)

Top Bottom