NUD: Romero Creations DH6

SoloRule

Reaction score
There have been a lot of interests about this instrument when my good friend Rakelele (Rainer) started the thread . This is why I am posting my NUD here instead of the guitar section. ( I should probably change it to NGD)

I was one of the lucky few that bought it as soon as it became available ! I heard there are only a handful built at the moment. This instrument is very very comfortable to hold and easy to play.

DH 6 is intended for E to E tuning using Pepe Romero Baritone "Guilele" Strings. It has great balanced tone and bass with excellent sustain ! Highly recommended!

I am not good at writing review , I will share my video and let you be the judge. I have not played guitar in over 30 years and I only have this for two days. Please don't egg me. :D

Sounds great, Brenda.

We won't egg you! If anything, we'll "egg you ON" !! That was beautiful playing, and the instrument looks and sounds wonderful !!

The instrument sounds great. As does your playing Brenda. You had perfect timing for your purchase. Congrats!

Way to go Brenda, I know you are in love with the TT shape and were excited when Daniel Ho introduced this new instrument. It was a good thing Ranier and I woke you up so you could buy one while they were available. It sounds great and so does your playing like always. I like the balanced sound and the full bass notes, congratulations and well done.

Congratulations Brenda, I am so happy for you that you got one, and that you like it. Your great playing makes me want to buy one as well.

Sounds great - mind you young Brenda, you make all things you play sound good!
I'd like to add one of these to my collection one day, but I wouldn't be able to make it sound as good as you just have. X

I missed some key points

Thank you all for watching and took time to make a comment.

I forgot to mention this is recorded with my iPhone attached with a Shure MV88 mic. No AMP . No pick up. It is as raw as it gets. I made a mistake, I had to re-do the whole song. No editing.

The nut width is 49mm which is a touch narrower than the MINI R . It feels great even with the narrower string space.

The neck (shape and thickness) are very very comfortable. May be that's why I don't feel the 20" radius ? Excellent strings response with perfect tension!

It is definitely worth buying for players at all levels especially at this price point.

Thank you again to Dave and Rainer for bombing me with texts early Sunday morning or I would have missed this opportunity! Of course our friend in St Louis beat me to it as she clicked buy at 1am. You know who you are! :)

Last edited:
Ok this is a seriously good instrument. I dropped by Brendas house and played this today........wonderful. Very balanced tone and good bass response and string tension for a short scale nylon six string instrument tuned E-E. I own the Pepe Romero baritone guilele which is basically the same thing but with a traditional figure 8 body shape. My scale lenght is 20" this is 21", same nut width and radius fretboard, just the body is shaped different.

They sound very similar, maybe Brendas DH6 has slightly better bass, we would have to play them side by side to really compare. I am sure we will at some point in the future. If you like the TT body shape and are looking for a short scale six string with GREAT sound and playability this is a real WINNER. Below is a picture of mine, Brendas DH6 is pictured in the attached video of course.

1543671809092.jpg

Last edited:
HMS just answered my email about these. They don’t expect more for 4-6 months. Say whaaat? So sad.

Congrats! I was smitten by the tone of this when it was first posted. Your video demo further comfirms what an incredible value these are. Enjoy!!

HMS just answered my email about these. They don’t expect more for 4-6 months. Say whaaat? So sad.

Oh you just made Brenda feel really really good for buying it while still in her pajamas :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Made Rainer and others feel very sad. You snooze you loose, pun intended.

Very cool Brenda! It looks like your return to guitar playing is perfect.
Congrats, it's beautiful!

Congratulations, Brenda! I love the deep rich sound. You play very well. I am impressed by your playing and how quick you were able to pull the trigger on the purchase. Enjoy it. I am sure you will.

Top Bottom