Season 368 - N O spells no

I've posted the Wrap for Season 367 now. Apologies both for the delay and my interruption to Season 368! Linda

No More 'I Love You's (1986) by David Freeman and Joseph Hughes.

I came in whipped and tried from work, but this Webb Pierce song popped in my head today, and I did it in one quick take. This was written by Mel Tillis.

this, another live cross-continental improvisation
that kev and i played together yesterday
baritone ukulele, electric tenor ukulele
English translation from the Spanish:
it's not the same, when you're not here

kev and I pretty much spent most of yesterday experimenting with this new phase of our recording together -
his evening, my afternoon - and recorded 5 improv tracks.
this was the third one. kev led on this, inspired by the words and emotions uttered in
while watching a documentary about Bill Evans. afterwards we pressed record and this was what happened.
not sure if it's the theme Brian, or just where we're at, but thank you brother for the reason.

This could also be called “The Field Geologist’s Lament”.

Thanks for hosting Pa, and for all you do to herd us along :cheers:

Last edited:
I don't know how I've gone this long without doing this one. I thought I had, but when I searched my channel I found that I had it on there once--a long time ago--but it wasn't for the Seasons. I do this one a lot at the nursing home. The version I do there is more simplified than this; I don't use as many chord changes because it would be too hard for everyone else to follow. I have to remind them about the E7 chord every time, as it is.:)

I have loved this song since I was very young, when my mom bought a Sons of the Pioneers tape a long time ago.

This song is from Darden Smith, and we learned it from the "Broadcast" series of CDs produced by the KGSR radio station in Austin Texas. This song showed up on two of them at least, Volume 1 and Volume 8. Not sure why, except maybe KGSR likes the song too? Apologies for the roughness of our cover.

Triple NO coming: No, no, no originally by June Carter and Johnny Cash.
Done with the help of bird's eye view of my ukulele on June's
vocals and tambourine.
Thanks Lynda!

Ain't no telling what the president will do

WeeOriginal about banks, women, entertainment and politics.

Code:
[COLOR=#0A0A0A][FONT=Roboto]Ain’t no telling what the president will do
If it goes to def con one
He’ll be down in the celler with old Rokkefeller
Polishing up his big brass gun

Ain’t no telling what the president will do
When he shakes hand with kim jong-un
THey’ll have Mary lou and Cindy Sue
Polishing up their big brass guns

When he’s on the look out for some fun
He will down in his bunker that's where he'll hunker
Polishing up his big brass gun.

To get those commies on the run
But his trousers I guess will be in a mess
Cos he’s been polishing up his big brass gun[/FONT][/COLOR]

Love those lyrics Rob, big brass gun indeed :)
Anyway, here’s a simple enough country style original written for the season.

I didn't think I'd get an original in this week. We were away in France for the first half of the week and I have been busy since. But a strike at the University freed me up to write this song especially for International Women's Day. It'd be great to hear a woman sing it, if any "Seasonista Sister" fancies giving it a shot. 😎

Top Bottom