Season 368 - N O spells no

Like Eric, I've chosen to do a cover of For No One. It's one of my favourite songs by The Beatles, so I hope you don't mind that I'm doubling up.

My friend Jim recommended this ukulele arrangement and I think it's really lovely. I've also attempted the French horn solo, but on cello. It was pretty tricky so I pull some pretty silly faces mid video - look out for it! The vocal part is not in the best part of my range, but I couldn't bear to transpose all the instrumental parts!

I think this is one of the greatest sad songs ever, written by Fred Rose and Mel Foree. It's been recorded by a vast array of artists, including Rose' protege, Hank Williams. I know pa loves the one takers, so here's a one taker, but you can tell vocally in a few spots I did this first thing in the morning.....

Here's one for you:

Last edited:
A one-take this time, even though seasonal allergies are messing with my voice. BTW, this music comes from the old song "Beautiful Dreamer," which I did a few weeks ago.

Jamaica's late, great Peter Tosh was an amazing songwriter. He had the ability to take us listeners to that place where we can feel both disillusioned by a painful past and hopeful for a better tomorrow.

Pardon the interruption, but the Season 369 intro video has been posted. Please continue saying NO at every opportunity! Thanks!

What!? No Hoosier Hot Shots yet this Season!? This is madness! This is heresy! This is Seasons!

Modern Talking best known times have been the late 1980s and early 1990s. Still successful in production a.s.o.
Well know in Europe and Russia, IMHO unknown in America.
Totally confused in which season we are. Never work twice a day :cool:

I wanted to get one more in even though Season 369 is under way ...

It's a Jimmie Rodgers song I first heard The Blasters do not long after My Old School Daze were over. But they recorded it when I was in school, for what it's worth ... They gave it a rockabilly feel, of course. And Phil Alvin had some pipes ... Check out their American Music recordings.

Great season, Brian!

And with that terrific performance by John we close the curtains on season 368. Some wonderful music. Wrap at the end of the week when I'm home with reliable interweb. Big thanks to all who brought something along!

Back home with reliable interweb so here's my wrap of 268.
We had a total of 61 songs.
From these seasonistas - Participants in order of appearance
Flatbaroque
mountain goat
Wee_ginga_yin
Recovering Bassist
RAB11
YorkSteve
UkingViking
Tootler
turtledrum
DelGriff
erival
Mezcalero
TCK
Croaky Kieth
LimousinLil
hendulele
NotAnotherLinda
cazteclo
xommen
weerpool
AlanDP
uke4ia
kolibri
Ukecaster
DesertPavement
haberkow
Mr and Mrs
crisscross
birds eye view of my ukulele
One Man And His Uke
Barbablanca
Harry122
UkuleleLow
Bruce Rutherford
Friesse
cua94
The Only Uke That Matters
Elmann

From these countries -
Australia
Finland
USA
GB
Norway
France
Iceland
The Netherlands
Spain
Denmark
Germany

Thank you one and all.

Special mentions -
Well if you didn't listen to everything that Kevin and Jon brought along then you missed out on some real fine music.
Loved everything that Eric brought.
Hearing Desert Pavement doing Pub With No Beer was a real treat.
weerpool just did such a fabulous job on the Hall and Oates song he brought along
Friess brought a fab Beetles tune with uke and cello which you must listen to.
One Man And His Uke - always does real fine stuff - but I especially enjoyed his original - No More Blues
There were lots of real fine originals this week which really pleased me.

Again - thank you to all who brought something along!

Thank you for the shout out Pa. Another fun Season, and I echo Val’s words, thank you for keeping this wonderful thing ticking along. Am off to see when I can host again :)

thank you for the week brother. an inspired choice of theme for us all to play with.

Top Bottom