ISO 6 or 8 string ukulele

Ikeepthepeace

Reaction score
Just shopping around for a 6 string or 8 string tenor or concert ukulele. Koa would be nice but any are considered. Im looking to spend sub $900 for one. Send me some option mahalo nui loa

I have an 8 string KOA Kamaka tenor I would sell, has some stable cracks in top, koa neck & fret board from late 70's. That is my listing on FMM. Lowered price to %650 in Oregon

There are two Pono 8-strings on HMS' TheUkuleleSite a solid Acacia and a solid Mahogany. Plus a Kala. (Don't remember the woods.)

Plus perep's Kamaka.
I believe Mim has a new Kamaka 8-string that is around $1500 by comparison.

So you have a pretty good range to choose from. All well under your budget's target.

Best of luck with your search.

Thanks everyone. im messaging around now. Keep em coming though!

I have a sonny d Hawaiian made 6 I would part with 900 I am in Hawaii till 15th and could send pics on return
Hard case and I think a misi pickup

I've been thinking about selling my Pono acacia taropatch. It sounds great but after buying a Martin 4 string tenor, I'm leaning toward having an 8 string tenor for the scale. I don't have any photos with me but if you are interested, let me know and I will send some. Bought new from Uke Republic 6 months ago or so. Sold for $425 new and I will throw in the case (I think it's an Orca but not sure, can't look at it now.

At the lowest end of your price range, the 8 string Ohana tenors are impressive, especially the spruce topped model. I have the all solid mahogany taropatch. Lovely chime. It may have been the strings, but I haven't been impressed with the Kamaka 8 string tenors I've heard.

Top Bottom