Black Strap Buttons

frets alot

Reaction score
My go to store is Elderly Instruments. I have plans to put black strap buttons on a couple ukes, but they are out if stock, and they don't know when they will be back in stock (I guess their supplier suffered a fire).

Can anyone recommend a place to get quality black strap buttons? I do not want cheapos, of poor quality (screws breaking, even with a proper pilot hole).

Thanks.

I just bought a couple of sets of D'Addario at my local Sam Ash store, see if they have them online. www.samash.com

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

There's a Chinese seller on eBay that's selling ebony strap buttons at a very reasonable price. Just be aware that the sale is for the buttons only...you'll need to provide your own screws and felt washers. I purchased a couple of sets and I'm quite pleased with them.

I like the Waverly ebony buttons. I bought half a dozen so they weren't too bad, pricewise. Care must be taken, however, not to overtighten them as the ebony will crack if you do. Also, the felt washers many people install under the buttons are sold separately..

+1 Iluak. I have used these several times on my ukes a guitars. They are high quality and are offered in a variety of materials. You can get the little kit with the tapping tool and felt. My last one I added was ebony w/mop dot and no visible screw…very nice.

Thanks again. I really liked some of the fancier strap buttons that where suggested, and will keep them in mind for future ukes. As also suggested, I ended up going with the Gotoh black EP-B1 buttons for the two ukes I needed them for.

I made some for my guitars by cutting off the top of violin end pegs (I think that's what there called) and then drilling a hole in them. I then cut the tops off of screws and threaded (also used a little glue) them into the holes that I made in the top of the violin pegs. You can see one of them in the photo below:

IMG_20170715_180019.jpg

-Ryan

Top Bottom