For Sale: Maton Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strumaround

Reaction score
Maton Tenor Ukulele

This is an all solid Victorian blackwood tenor ukulele, plus hard case. It’s about 1 year old. I am all about baritones these days, so I am letting this one go to a good home.

The good: It plays beautifully, does what it ought to from a musical point of view, and everything works as it should mechanically (it was professionally set up). The Victorian blackwood is gorgeous, in my opinion, and is still in good condition.

The less good: There are some minor usage marks, although none that I could get close enough to photograph. For example, the finish is slightly shiny from where the playing hand naturally brushes the surface. There are some very minor marks on the slotted bridge from changing strings and also some very small marks on the body itself.

I’m asking for $500AU ($355 US), not including postage (I’m based in Australia).

I generally play it with 2x wound strings and 2x Worth Browns, because I like a warmer sound. But the G slots at the nut and bridge are still set up narrow for a re-entrant G-String.

The general specs are here on the Maton website (although, please note that my ukulele does NOT have a pickup installed).

https://maton.com.au/product/tenor-ukulele

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

For those not familiar with the Maton brand, some general information from their website about their ukes: https://maton.com.au/product/maton-ukuleles

Last edited:
I tried to capture the marks I referred to above.

mark1.jpg
This is the only actual ding I could find There is also a pinprick-sized mark a bit to the left of it, but it's too slight to photograph
bridge.jpg The bridge.

Last edited:
Where in Australia are you Strumaround?:)

Nice lookin' ukulele.

I'm not in the market. But, best of luck with the sale.

I've visited the factory where Maton Guitars and Ukes are made and done the factory tour a number of times (we have 3 Maton guitars in my household). The ukuleles are actually made by one person whose name happens to be Luke. He is affectionately known as "Lukulele" in the factory. I thought it was kinda cute.

Anyway good luck with the sale.

The Maton is no longer available.

Thanks for all the messages.

I like the story about Lukulele also.

(For some reason when I send messages, they don't show up as sent, so I hope all PMs where received).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom