Midnight at the Oasis - Ukulele Solo

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

Midnight at the Oasis. This song was written in 1973 by David Nichtern. It was recorded by the singer Maria Muldaur. When I first heard this tune I thought the guitar work by Amos Garrett was the most perfect accompaniment to a song that I have heard and I still think that even today. I have arranged it here for solo ukulele and have tried to incorporate some of Amos Garretts playing also. Played on an Ohana TK35G tenor ukulele with low G tuning. I hope you all enjoy. Mike

That was very nice indeed. It's not a song I'm familiar with but I really like the Jazz voicing of the chords.

I like the tone of your instrument. Is your ukulele plugged in on this recording or is it recorded acoustically with a microphone? Just curious.

Like wot they said. x

Wonderful, Mike! Thanks for reminding me of this song. I loved it back when I was in high school and I'll go listen to the original now. :)
Thank you John!

That was very nice indeed. It's not a song I'm familiar with but I really like the Jazz voicing of the chords.
Thank you Reentrantaining!

I like the tone of your instrument. Is your ukulele plugged in on this recording or is it recorded acoustically with a microphone? Just curious.
It is just recorded acoustically with the camera mic. It is an old Zoom Q3HD. The video is not great but the mic is good!

Brilliant! The sound you created from this Ohana is magical .
Very very nicely played!
Crystal ball tells me ; your next uke would be a long neck tenor !
Thank you Brenda. I don't think it will be a long neck instrument!

Like wot they said. x
Thanks again Dave!

+1 :) I'm with young Dave :) Awesome stuff Mike! :)
Thanks Campbell!

Great work Mike, I always admired that guitar solo too, it was just perfect for the song, and you've nailed it here!

Thank you John.....It was actually easier on the electric guitar, and that was tricky enough!
Mike

Top Bottom