Just to keep me active on here...

S11LKO

Reaction score
I haven't been playing much lately so, just to keep something on here from me, I thought I'd share this which happened a while ago. It was filmed on a low-res, compact camera so I apologise for the sound quality.

Hopefully I'll do some new guitar and uke stuff soon...

EXCELLENT !!!! And you hit "that high note" very precisely, I commend you! Now, I'm too lazy today to look this up, so I'll ask, who had the hit with that song? Was it John Denver? That's one great song I'd completely forgotten about! Thanks, Dave, for bringing some chuffage to my day!

Yes young Bill. John Denver featured it on his 1971 album "Poems, Prayers & Promises".
Thanks as always for your kind comments despite the sound system used on the day, and the camera recording it, both played havoc. That evening was great fun to do though...

Thanks Campbell & Joseph - I really appreciate you both having taken the time to listen. X

Great singing there and tender delivery. Had not heard that song in years. I will admit to goose bumps and teary eyed when you hit the high note.

Young Brenda & Sharpshin - thank you both, your comments appreciated. I've actually gotten around to buying some decent recording kit now, so I just have to learn how to use it...not easy at my advancing years!! lolol x

Last edited:
That was lovely Dave. You have done the memory of John Denver proud.

Thank you Reentrantaining - high praise indeed. JD was, in MY humble view, an excellent although oft maligned singer/songwriter who - thankfully to this day - had millions of fans around the world. He sadly died far too young as have so many of our great artistes.

Very nice Dave, especially the chorus - the vocals were spot on.

Luke

Thanks Luke my friend. Although what I did was a sort of abridged version of the whole song that night, it seemed to be well received by the audience. Your kind words appreciated buddy.

Top Bottom