Bumping this helpful, informative comment, thanks AndrewKuker.

Up until now, I've been using Dampit, Oasis hanging from strings or magnet clipped to case, & Herco (listed in order of decreasing inconvenience).

Am trying out Humistat for the first time, middle setting. Am really liking how small it is. We'll see how long it'll go before needing refilling (this post is sort of a personal time stamp for that). Definitely needs to be refilled over a sink... or towel... with quick closure.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
We sell a lot of KoAloha ukes w Oasis humidifiers and have not experienced that issue. And I've done tests as well like Swamp Yankee and documented the superior effectiveness of humidifying from in the body. From all the ones I've tested the OH-5 Oasis was the best when you're below 25%. And something more extensive like doubling up at the headstock is even better.

One thing to make sure of with the Oasis humidifiers is that you don't let it dry out for a long period because the inner membrane sticks to itself and can tear when expanding again and cause a leak. I have experienced over humidification due to a leaky humidifier, but the customer was also refilling it every few days..

Oh, I should also mention, the Humistat humidifier, sitting in the corner of the body of your case right near the neck body joint is also pretty effective and does not hang in the instrument. But in a room at 20% it kept the inside of the case at 40% over a few weeks, where as the OH-5 kept it at 49%. But if you really didn't want to hang a humidifier inside the body you could do a Humistat at the edge of the body and another at the headstock. That might be sufficient. Low humidity especially at this time of year is a common problem so I thought I'd chime in.

I can't imagine NOT having the option of humidifying a solid wood stringed instrument from the inside in low humidity climates or colder times of the year. Dampits are pretty much standard issue for all violins/cellos of value, especially high value. Makes me wonder about other factors in the ukes mentioned in the original post (esp glue & temperature).

Quote Originally Posted by KingPie View Post
Hello folks,

I just wanted to share a recent note from KoAloaha repairs department. I was inquiring KoAloha regarding my ukulele I had purchased recently and they noticed my Oasis humidifier in the picture. They suggested that I should keep these internal humidifier out of the sound hole and relocate it toward the headstock area. They have been receiving numerous repair requests from folks using internal humidifier, where glue joints have come undone, possibly due to excessive humidity.

Happy strumming~

Peter