Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medical MJ where do you stand

The problem with it is you have no idea what you are buying.
    Using the excuse of "addiction" to pot is a lazy cop out. I guess some of us need something to blame for our shortcomings.

Does it really matter is the addiction is psychological? Just because it is, does that make it less distressing for the people who feel trapped by their behaviour?.

I was given morphine once when I broke my leg. How come I am not an opoid addict? The world is full of broken people who are all really ill. They are willing to do terrible things to themselves and others for the exact same thing.

I'm not looking for a fight, I am genuinely curious.
    Last edited by chris667; 03-20-2021 at 09:46 PM.

One of the big issues, I think, in the illegal supply and consumption of drugs is that there is doubtful or non-existent quality control on what’s sold to the end customer. From what I read in the press some people do end up unknowingly consuming contaminated and particularly unsafe products.

Having seen the damage that Tobacco and Alcohol can cause one should be wary of legalised drug use, but IIRC when Alcohol sales have been driven underground the result is organised crime and some people consuming products which really are hazardous to health. As in my earlier post IMHO it’s better to legalise drugs, as much as is possible, and then regulate the industry. I’d rather people didn’t consume dangerous substances (which besides ‘drugs’ includes Tobacco and to some extent Alcohol) but if they’re going to do it anyway then give then a safer way to do so and manage the process.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 03-20-2021 at 11:38 PM.

If it relieves suffering, I'm all for it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    If it relieves suffering, I'm all for it.
    I've seen way too many patients in pain, not being helped by synthetic opioids. They needed higher and higher doses, and the effects wore off quickly. The patients i had on MJ did not suffer like that.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I can't even understand how after all the examples that are out there in the world, people can doubt its efficiency... I can't wrap my mind around it. I'm not disregarding the negative effects it might have on some people, but isn't that the situation with the majority of medicine? Take ibuprofen for example and tell me there aren't people that have bad reactions to it, and that's a pretty smooth substance, so to say. My brother was recommended any cannabis-based substance while he was in a very dark time, his's only chance was given by the fact that he asked for help and the therapist was open-minded. Either way, that's not something every person gets, but I've seen with my own eyes how it can literally save people. He's now married and has been trying to open a dispensary in Los Angeles since last year. You can visit this page if you want to see some details about that process because I'm not really an expert on the subject myself.
    Last edited by BlackBacardi; 04-05-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBacardi View Post
    I can't even understand how after all the examples that are out there in the world, people can doubt its efficiency... I can't wrap my mind around it.
    What do you mean with efficiency? The examples are all anecdotal of people who think they had a positive effect and wanted to tell their stories. What is missing are stories from people who had detrimental or no effects, and neutral systematic assessments that include groups of people who used the stuff and others who smoked a placebo without CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    What do you mean with efficiency? The examples are all anecdotal of people who think they had a positive effect and wanted to tell their stories. What is missing are stories from people who had detrimental or no effects, and neutral systematic assessments that include groups of people who used the stuff and others who smoked a placebo without CBD.
    I think you might find some interesting studies if you search here...
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Perhaps BB meant efficacy, not efficiency?

Lord knows, we've been hearing alot about efficacy in the last year.
    and even up to the moment.

I completely agree with you, those beliefs and stereotypes that were associated with cannabis have already disappeared. However, some people are still skeptical about this plant and speak negatively about the people who use marijuana. For example, I constantly buy marijuana because it helps me cope with insomnia. I smoke small doses every night to relax. My friends use CBD oil to treat joint pain. Thanks to the regular use of the oil, my friend will be able to return to an active lifestyle and now his knees do not bother him so often.
    Last edited by Kelaris; 05-07-2021 at 01:02 PM.

I really think that mj is powerful as a medicine for certain people, and I like seeing it become legal in more and more places, it is amazing. I have not used it tbh, I prefer some regular medicine like that from Canadian pharmacy, for example, and I think it works and helps me pretty well too. I am pretty sure that you will be able to find something for you there, good luck with it, guys
    Last edited by charre; 05-23-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information