Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NGD.....Cordoba Cadete

Default NGD.....Cordoba Cadete

I am enjoying playing both steel string and nylon string guitars. The Cordoba C10 crossover I have is a full size instrument and I wanted to try something a bit smaller. The C10 is all solid spruce and rosewood and I don't want to travel with it so a smaller less expensive guitar was in order.

The Cordoba Cadete is a 3/4 classical guitar size with solid cedar top and laminated mahogany B&S. A 24" scale length is about 1-1/2" shorter than standard, the body width, length and depth are all reduced to 3/4 size. It is very comfortable to play and easy to move around the fretboard, nut width is 48mm=1/7/8". I bought it used so no worries about travelling with it to the cottage, camping and friends places.

It really does have a nice sweet full tone that compares favorably to the C10 which costs 3X as much. Below are pictures, including a line up for size, far left is my Taylor GS mini, the Cadete is identical in over all length.

file1.jpgfile6.jpg20190301_113502.jpgfile.jpg20190306_193952(0).jpg
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 03-12-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Congratulations GuitarDave
    You always found treasures
    Look forward to hearing it in person.

Nice addition Dave. I’m liking my short scale guitar too. I find that the smaller body is easier on my back.

Congratulations my friend! Great addition to your ever-growing collection of big ukuleles with six strings…
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

The early Cadetes had no truss rod. They added that later. I hope you got one with a truss rod -- comes in handy on VERY rare occasions.

Does it give you a tummy massage on the bass strings?

I almost bought a Cadete but ended up with a Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra CE CD/IN Acoustic/Electric Nylon String. I love it. The pick-up is a combo piezo & mic, with a blend control. Now you have re-aroused my interest in a Cadete. It has a great reputation at acousticguitarforum.com & is a real bargain at used prices. It's odd that Cordoba makes really excellent guitars but only so-so ukes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Congratulations GuitarDave
    You always found treasures
    Look forward to hearing it in person.
    You can babysit it while I am in Mexico
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by Alytw View Post
    Nice addition Dave. I’m liking my short scale guitar too. I find that the smaller body is easier on my back.
    Thanks Adam, it's not an expensive instrument but has a very good sound. Much better than some other brands of small guitars

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    Congratulations my friend! Great addition to your ever-growing collection of big ukuleles with six strings…
    Thank you Rainer.......yes the guitar collection is starting to expand

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    The early Cadetes had no truss rod. They added that later. I hope you got one with a truss rod -- comes in handy on VERY rare occasions.

Does it give you a tummy massage on the bass strings?

I almost bought a Cadete but ended up with a Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra CE CD/IN Acoustic/Electric Nylon String. I love it. The pick-up is a combo piezo & mic, with a blend control. Now you have re-aroused my interest in a Cadete. It has a great reputation at acousticguitarforum.com & is a real bargain at used prices. It's odd that Cordoba makes really excellent guitars but only so-so ukes.
    I did get one with a truss rod, it is only one year old, used but in excellent shape so I did get a deal on it. I didn't know you had a Cordoba Fusion they are great instruments, I played one in a music store. I have heard great things about their blend pick up system.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    I did get one with a truss rod, it is only one year old, used but in excellent shape so I did get a deal on it. ... ...
    How is the Cadete's bass end?

Hey, be careful in Mexico. Say hello to Aunt Joan (Tia Juana) for me. (^_^)

Thread Information