Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGD.....Cordoba Cadete

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    How is the Cadete's bass end?

Hey, be careful in Mexico. Say hello to Aunt Joan (Tia Juana) for me. (^_^)
    The bass end is very good. Not as deep as my C10 but that is full size and solid wood rosewood back. The 24" scale length is long enough to drive the top for good string tension to give a tummy massage
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Hi, Dave! Congrats on nice guitar! It looks like Mexican guitarrón in your guitalele collection. I like Cordoba guitar too.

ZZtush, I never knew the name of those big bodied Mexican guitars. I have been educated, the one you circled in my line up is a Cordoba C10 crossover. Spruce and rosewood, all solid woods and sounds beautiful.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Hey, Bro, I’m surprised at you. I thought you were a collector of many terrific ukes — only! I looked up to your fervent ukuleleism. I was almost tempted to learn (and try to remember) chords.

Ahhh well, everything changes I guess . . . Next comes Electric Guitars, and then Bagpipes or some other darned thang.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE- Fingerstyle
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Lo F BbDF Fingerstyle
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGDA (5ths) Fingerstyle

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-F BbDG Strum
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Strum

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift)
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift

Old age should rather be feared than death. - Juvenal
    God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    Hey, Bro, I’m surprised at you. I thought you were a collector of many terrific ukes — only! I looked up to your fervent ukuleleism. I was almost tempted to learn (and try to remember) chords.

Ahhh well, everything changes I guess . . . Next comes Electric Guitars, and then Bagpipes or some other darned thang.
    Hey brother Dick the uke is still alive and well in my house holds. But BAGPIPES.........oh yea that would be something

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Hey brother Dick the uke is still alive and well in my house holds. But BAGPIPES.........oh yea that would be something
    Q: What do you call 100 bagpipes thrown into the ocean?
    A: A good start.

But seriously... all the YouTube Demos of the Cadete are finger-picking. How does the Cadete sound when strummed hard?

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    Q: What do you call 100 bagpipes thrown into the ocean?
    A: A good start.

But seriously... all the YouTube Demos of the Cadete are finger-picking. How does the Cadete sound when strummed hard?
    Ok this will be total blasphemy but I LOVE the sound of this strummed with a pick!!!!! Yes I said it a pick, good enough for Willie Nelson good enough for me. It is good with finger strumming too but really comes alive with a medium gauge .60-.73 pick

One of the reasons I bought this was to take camping and sit around the campfire with friends and sing songs, this requires strumming

I am singing the praises of this guitar as others have. But remember this retails for $280 new and doesn't sound as good as a $1000 Classical guitar. It does sound very good, no real weakness and way better than anything I have played in this category at over twice the price. In this size nothing else comes close.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 03-11-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Congratulations, Dave! Looking forward to hearing it soon.
    A day without playing uke is a day not well lived.

Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Ok this will be total blasphemy but I LOVE the sound of this strummed with a pick!!!!! Yes I said it a pick, good enough for Willie Nelson good enough for me. It is good with finger strumming too but really comes alive with a medium gauge .60-.73 pick

One of the reasons I bought this was to take camping and sit around the campfire with friends and sing songs, this requires strumming

I am singing the praises of this guitar as others have. But remember this retails for $280 new and doesn't sound as good as a $1000 Classical guitar. It does sound very good, no real weakness and way better than anything I have played in this category at over twice the price. In this size nothing else comes close.
    The Dummies for Ukulele book says one should never use a pick to strum a uke, but, if one insists, the pick shouldn’t be larger than .50 mm — just sayin’ . . . I use between .38 mm and .50 mms on my ol’ Aquilas, but I don’t strum wid ‘em. I use my ol’ wrinkled fingers for strumin’.

I just thought you’d like to know. If not, go back to the beginning of this post and don’t read it.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE- Fingerstyle
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Lo F BbDF Fingerstyle
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGDA (5ths) Fingerstyle

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-F BbDG Strum
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Strum

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift)
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift

Old age should rather be feared than death. - Juvenal
    God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

I just purchased a kremona s58c 3/4 size classical guitar 2 weeks ago, and liked it so much that I sold my full scale classical guitar. With good strings it has a full wonderful sound. It has a 580mm scale.

Thread Information