Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGD.....Cordoba Cadete

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    The Dummies for Ukulele book says one should never use a pick to strum a uke, but, if one insists, the pick shouldn’t be larger than .50 mm — just sayin’ . . . I use between .38 mm and .50 mms on my ol’ Aquilas, but I don’t strum wid ‘em. I use my ol’ wrinkled fingers for strumin’.

I just thought you’d like to know. If not, go back to the beginning of this post and don’t read it.
    Rules were meant to be broken.

Besides this is a guitar and not a ukulele so none of that stuff applies.

As I said if Willie Nelson can strum a nylon string guitar with a pick then so can I.............just not as well as him
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by dcuttler View Post
    I just purchased a kremona s58c 3/4 size classical guitar 2 weeks ago, and liked it so much that I sold my full scale classical guitar. With good strings it has a full wonderful sound. It has a 580mm scale.
    That is wonderful, congratulations. I have heard really good things about Kremona guitars and their ukuleles as well. I am glad to hear you are enjoying so much you sold your full size guitar. Unfortunately up here in Canada there are no Kermona or dealers for them
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by Lapyang View Post
    Congratulations, Dave! Looking forward to hearing it soon.
    Thanks Joseph you can play it when you come up for a visit this spring
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 03-11-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Rules were meant to be broken.

Besides this is a guitar and not a ukulele so none of that stuff applies.

As I said if Willie Nelson can strum a nylon string guitar with a pick then so can I.............just not as well as him
    Rules are made to be broken??? Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!

I thought it might be a steel strung guitar, but once a post is writ it cannot be unwrit — Amen!
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE- Fingerstyle
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Lo F BbDF Fingerstyle
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGDA (5ths) Fingerstyle

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-F BbDG Strum
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Strum

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift)
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift

Old age should rather be feared than death. - Juvenal
    God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Thanks Joseph you can play it when you come up for a visit this spring
    This thread has given me a bad case of GAS!

I'm torn between the Cordoba & the Kremona 3/4 size.

@ DownUpDave -- please tell me the depth of the lower bout at the end pin.

@ dcuttler -- same request.

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    This thread has given me a bad case of GAS!

I'm torn between the Cordoba & the Kremona 3/4 size.

@ DownUpDave -- please tell me the depth of the lower bout at the end pin.

@ dcuttler -- same request.
    Haha, the GAS and UAS never stop.

The depth of the Cadete at lower bout is 3-1/2"

Haha, the GAS and UAS never stop.

The depth of the Cadete at lower bout is 3-1/2"
    10Q Dave! I wanted this stat for comparison with Cordoba's C2 Parlor size, nylon string guitar. FYI, the Parlor's "key" numerical stats are:

Body Depth Lower Bout:3 3/4"
    Scale Length: 24 3/4"
    Nut Width: 2"

For me, the 2" (50MM) nut is a deal killer, versus the Cordy's 1.89" (48MM). Yep, for some items, size DOES matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    The Dummies for Ukulele book says one should never use a pick to strum a uke, but, if one insists, the pick shouldn’t be larger than .50 mm — just sayin’ . . . I use between .38 mm and .50 mms on my ol’ Aquilas, but I don’t strum wid ‘em. I use my ol’ wrinkled fingers for strumin’.

I just thought you’d like to know. If not, go back to the beginning of this post and don’t read it.
    I don't use anything under a .73 on my ukes and go up to over 1MM if using one for bluegrass on a uke or guitar. Never have broken a string or damaged a uke yet and I pick pretty aggressively. I've been pickin' a long time though, I trust those just starting to pick use a thinner one. Really tough to double pick with a thin one.

Nice buy Dave, Congrats..

Hey Patrick I am a fan of medium to thick picks as well. Usually from .73 to 1.3, the .88mm Dunlop Ultex is my go to pick for most uses. Thanks for the congrats on the Cadete. It is a fun guitar and I am deep down the rabbit hole of string experimentation........you know me can't leave well enough alone.

Downupdave came over with this guitar today. My oh My....it sounds very nice. The bass that comes out of this guitar is pretty impressive. You just can't beat that fuller size body. I asked Dave to put me on his wait list. I will buy it off him when he gets bored with it. Here is a photo of Dave. Don't you agree this is just the right size for him?

Sorry for the side way photo. I really don't know what happened. If I use a different method of attaching it, he will show up huge on your screen. I don't want to ruin his image on UU so I will let you use your imagination or tilt your head .

IMG_9625.jpg

Thread Information