Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 369: My Old School Daze .. PLUS

I don't think a season from this era would be complete without this song. One of my all-time faves (yes another one!) - the piano intro on the original is fabulous and has been my mobile (cell) phone ringtone for as long as I can remember.

Written by Bob Geldof and Johnnie Fingers about the 1979 Cleveland Elementary School shooting in San Diego.

Ugh. The little cherubs I work with gave me the Black Death, and I musta tried about a million songs and just don’t have the air for much... so I settled on getting in Melissa’s way and phoning one in with this gem from 1976. I did not learn to like (love) this band until the seasons, for someone played something I heard and I was hooked, it had always been my thing to ignore what was on the radio when I was a kid. Anyway- I love his song, and totally stuffed the second verse...I figure a kitchen session is always amusing right?

I’m gonna follow Dave with more Fleetwood Mac. My favorite Christine McVie tune.

Is anyone having trouble posting to UU?
    I just got a PM from Frisbee Fred who is unable to upload a vid to this season......

I'll post this for Fred until he can do so himself.....

i was listening to john fahey's Hamburg '78 concert today -
    all it did was make me want to play
    this, an improvised recording with two baritone ukuleles in open D

Last edited by mountain goat; 03-15-2019 at 12:31 PM.

elmann already brought a beaut version. Here's my rough one taker...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Wow! I'm running behind, folks and sorry for the delays and silence.

The Raleigh Uke Jam's gig was last night at the Raleigh Night Market. It's a once-monthly street festival in a historic district of town with local vendors and some entertainment. Some 85 vendors displayed their wares and several thousand people attended. We had a great time and the significant other of one of our players took this shot. Yours truly attempted to lead, but really I was standing on the shoulders of everyone else.

I'll catch up as the day goes along. Please keep them coming, and thanks for your patience and passion!

Rick

night-market-march19.jpg
    Martin C1K • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Lanikai LU22CFM laminate flame maple concert • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Greetings,

I got one in - yeah! Well once again I haven't listened to vids, that's Saturday morning activity. See you all tomorrow. Sister Golden Hair from America was one of my favorite sing along songs.

" Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

Thread Information