Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 369: My Old School Daze .. PLUS

This song was in one of my favorite movies. From 1979.

Randy - Harry122

GLAM BABY!!!

Host entry! A chance for Felix to make his debut. He's a fun critter, and only slightly mischievous.

Here's one from The Cars' debut album. Thanks, all, for such a great SEASON!!

Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

While driving home from work yesterday - and looking for inspiration - I asked Amazon Music to play songs from 1979. A Led Zeppelin song came on, and I realized I hadn't noticed one among the playlist, even though, the Zep is favored by uke players around the world. Played this a little last night and more today, and it is still pretty rough. For instance, I have no idea what to do with the bridge (and thus did almost nothing), and not surprisingly I can't sing like Robert Plant. But given "In Through the Out Door" was their final studio album before disbanding, and I'm out of time, I decided to post this despite the roughness (and errors). By the way, I never listened to the words closely before - this song is funny!

By the way, Rick, I grew up in North Carolina and am largely a Tarheel fan. But I went to Virginia, so I'm even more of a Wahoo fan. I was disappointed that both of our teams lost in the ACC tourney semifinals. A rematch of last year's final (won by, well... you probably know ) would have been fun! Hope both teams do better in the NCAAs!

It is very late at night on the European continent.
    I took the last train home tonight.
    Walking home from the train station, I realized that this is what I wanted to bring to this season: A song by Supertramp.
    It is the strange little title track from their mega-platinum LP "Breakfast In America."
    I stayed up even later to make this video, because I was wishing I was in America, much like the bloke in the song.

Last edited by Yukio; 03-16-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Like Sunday mornin brothers and sisters. Like Sunday mornin.

Kind of a late entry. Thanks again for hosting Rick. It's been a great week for playing/singing and listening. Here is one of my favorite songs. Wish You Were Here from Pink Floyd's 1975 album of the same name. Thrilled to be joined here by Jon Duncan.

This is an Ozark Mountain Daredevils song from 1975.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

UkeFoote - that was great! Loved your queen submission.
    Last edited by UkeDoxie; 03-16-2019 at 07:10 PM.

From the divine Miss M.
    Flat flip flies straight.

Thread Information