Season 369: My Old School Daze .. PLUS

Will SOMEONE (who is a better singer than me) PLEASE do "Chuck E.’s In Love" by Rickie Lee Jones?

It was my favorite song as I started college in 1979...
https://youtu.be/xIyklsNtZok

Will SOMEONE (who is a better singer than me) PLEASE do "Chuck E.’s In Love" by Rickie Lee Jones?

Why don't you give it a go yourself, Ukeinfused? We're not judgemental here (I'm rubbish, but I keep singing) - it's fun and it would be great to hear from you!

Why don't you give it a go yourself, Ukeinfused? We're not judgemental here (I'm rubbish, but I keep singing) - it's fun and it would be great to hear from you!

Alas, I think I could play it but I definitely can't sing it...

Gonna try a reggae strum today, on Bob Marley's "One Love" from his 1977 Exodus album. I always feel happy whenever I hear this song come on. Uke is a concert Flea.

Great song. You play & sing wonderfully! I love my Flea! Thank you again :D

This was the hey-day of Jimmy Buffett's music career, and he wrote a song said to be about the island of Montserrat in the British West Indies. I think it could fit for Seattle too -- from different parts of our neighborhood, you can see three dormant northwest volcanoes (Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, and Glacier Peak). Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams lurk near Rainier and scientists warn us regularly of both the Seattle Fault and the Cascadia Subduction Zone. But, there aren't many mosquitoes, so on balance, it's a pretty good place to live.

Last edited:
There is a fine line between bold and stupid.
I am not sure exactly what term is fitting for a attempting to cover a Donna Summer disco hit on ukulele, being a man...
But is was fun to do :)

Last edited:
I interrupt this season to let you know the theme for S370 has been posted. Remember though it doesn't start till tomorrow and there's still another day for this season to run.

Now back to songs from Rick's Schooldays.

Host entry! A chance for Felix to make his debut. He's a fun critter, and only slightly mischievous.

Here's one from The Cars' debut album. Thanks, all, for such a great SEASON!!

While driving home from work yesterday - and looking for inspiration - I asked Amazon Music to play songs from 1979. A Led Zeppelin song came on, and I realized I hadn't noticed one among the playlist, even though, the Zep is favored by uke players around the world. Played this a little last night and more today, and it is still pretty rough. For instance, I have no idea what to do with the bridge (and thus did almost nothing), and not surprisingly I can't sing like Robert Plant. But given "In Through the Out Door" was their final studio album before disbanding, and I'm out of time, I decided to post this despite the roughness (and errors). By the way, I never listened to the words closely before - this song is funny!

By the way, Rick, I grew up in North Carolina and am largely a Tarheel fan. But I went to Virginia, so I'm even more of a Wahoo fan. I was disappointed that both of our teams lost in the ACC tourney semifinals. A rematch of last year's final (won by, well... you probably know :)) would have been fun! Hope both teams do better in the NCAAs!

It is very late at night on the European continent.
I took the last train home tonight.
Walking home from the train station, I realized that this is what I wanted to bring to this season: A song by Supertramp.
It is the strange little title track from their mega-platinum LP "Breakfast In America."
I stayed up even later to make this video, because I was wishing I was in America, much like the bloke in the song.

Last edited:
Kind of a late entry. Thanks again for hosting Rick. It's been a great week for playing/singing and listening. Here is one of my favorite songs. Wish You Were Here from Pink Floyd's 1975 album of the same name. Thrilled to be joined here by Jon Duncan.

UkeFoote - that was great! Loved your queen submission.

Last edited:
Top Bottom