Hello from Tasmania

Ian66

Reaction score
I've just started the transition and steep learning curve from guitar to ukulele with a Bondi Koa Tenor in Low G (deeply inspired after hearing Sarah Maisel).

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too, having joined a few weeks ago. There's a lot of great information and advice here. What type of music do you play on guitar?

Hi to both of you. The transistion from guitar to ukulele is a lot easier than the other way 'round!

In my miss spent-youth I played Rhythm Guitar in a group and after that, mainly owing to a complete inability to sing I took up some Jazz guitar then life intervened. It was only coming across clips of Sarah Maisel, Glen Rose etc. that my enthusiasm has been rekindled and my fascination for the Ukulele, which I must confess - in my ignorance - I always regarded as a bit of a joke instrument and now see as quite a challenge.

Hi Ian66 and welcome aboard. Like you, I've only recently joined this forum and like you I'm learning to play the uke having played guitar for longer than I care to admit. I'm equally inspired by Sarah Maisel (both her playing and her singing). I also draw inspiration from watching the video reviews on The Hawaii Music Supply Youtube channel and listening to the awesome players on there (too many to mention).

I don't know what it's like is Tassie, but I find it hard to try out nice ukes in Melbourne. I guess ukulele isn't that popular yet down under.

Welcome - And a great year by the Hobart Hurricanes. Wade and Short were nothing short of amazing!

I'm afraid there is nothing in the way of nice Ukes where I am - in the North West of the State, things may be a little different down south in Hobart. I am just grateful for the internet and sites like this to keep in touch with what is going on, listen to some great music and watch Uke reviews. At the moment I am happy with my Bondi Koa Tenor, has a nice tone and no dramas - later when more proficient I will look at those US sites that set up your instruments before shipping - great for people reliant on online resources.

Top Bottom