Passing it on

tparse

Reaction score
I hear that Chuck Moore has had a heart attack. I also hear he is doing ok.
It seems timely that he has posted recently of taking on a young person to learn the how of what we do.
I'm Chucks age and I know my days are less of the future and more of the past.
I believe it is important to pass on the skills and knowledge we have to our children.
In these days of digital everything, time spent just creating from our hands is getting lost.
I want a CNC.... But I was trained on a jewelers saw... how to breath out on the upstroke to blow away the dust. So I don't have one.

If any of us get the chance to find a young soul that wants to learn anything. Take the time and effort to make sure they at least have the chance to do so.
Get Bettah Chuck.... we are all sending you good vibrations....

One of the best comments I ever heard about all those hard-learned skills was from Dave Nichols, pearl inlay master, who said "I don't want to die with any secrets". One of the nicest things I have found with the luthier community is that virtually everyone is more than happy to tell/show how they do something. No 'corporate secrets' like in my previous real job.

Chuck is a master but has been kind enough to pass along some things to a novice like me. Good health Chuck.

Do like I do if you have a conscience about your craft dying with you. Use social media to open a 'window' into your workshop. People love looking over your shoulder.

Do like I do if you have a conscience about your craft dying with you. Use social media to open a 'window' into your workshop. People love looking over your shoulder.

i'm agree! i follow a lot of builder / luthier on instagram and facebook. I allow me to understand your skill, experience, etc. and why ukulele from a luthier / builder is so different that others. (... also, That push me to try building :) )

Best wishes and a speedy recovery Chuck. This forum has been gold mine over the last several months since I decided to try building. The sound of Chuck's instruments is what got me interested and I always look for his comments.

I've loved watching some of your video thought I don't have the tools to do any of it. I just love a good craftsman. Are you leaving your vids on YouTube or anything? I heard you're pulling them from Facebook.. Who knows, maybe I'll have a house with a garage for a shop some day.
It can be a combination woodworking/ moped shop lol!

Feel better Chuck! Your ukes are beautiful.

Top Bottom