Killing the Blues - Resonator Guitar

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley played lap style in a Gretsch G9231 Steel Bodied Resonator Guitar.
D tuning DADF#AD low to high.
I hope you all enjoy,
Mike

Very nice yet again young Mike!

I just caught this one Mike - a side to your playing I had not heard before! What a beautiful performance, and that reso sounds great! I have messed around with Dobro, but I never quite tamed that bar - no problem for you obviously!

Wow Mike, that was beautiful and sad at the same time. Wanted to make me dance and cry together. Absolutely wonderful, I loved it.

I just caught this one Mike - a side to your playing I had not heard before! What a beautiful performance, and that reso sounds great! I have messed around with Dobro, but I never quite tamed that bar - no problem for you obviously!

Wow Mike, that was beautiful and sad at the same time. Wanted to make me dance and cry together. Absolutely wonderful, I loved it.

I just caught that you guys had replied to this thread!

I love the sound of steel guitar. The reason I wanted to play the guitar was listening to Santo and Johnny play Sleepwalk........It was not until a long time after I started playing the guitar that I found out it was played on a Lap Steel guitar!
It was when I had my thumb injury and I had to step back from playing Flamenco Guitar in a serious manner that I started playing the the Lap steel guitar - both acoustic and electric variations. This is where YouTube was great. I could actually find out how it was done. They are so much fun to play. In fact the reason I bought a ukulele was to accompany myself making videos with an Hawaiian feel.....................That led me to somewhere else!!!!!!

Dave I sincerely hope that your hand makes a full recovery but if not you can come and join me on the Lap Steel adventure!

Mike

Top Bottom