Thread: Nud :-)

Default Nud :-)

2 of my favorite things in life are ukuleles and The Beatles, so I couldn't resist this:

https://thebeatlesstore.com/collecti...e-blue-ukulele

I expected it to be a wall hanger only, but since it combines 2 of my favorite things, it would brighten my day just to see it.

To my surprise, the action is good, and the intonation is good, too. Tone-wise, well, it sounds like a $26 ukulele would likely sound, but in tune, at least. I'm already thinking about a string change, since I tend to not like nylon strings anyway. Tuners are geared. Really not bad for a $26 ukulele, (IMO.)

The box says that it's for ages 3+, so I figure I've got the + covered. LOL. But, I'll be playing it tonight with probably more enjoyment than a 3 year old. :-)

Looks like fun! Enjoy it. Glad to hear the intonation is good.
    Kala tenor uke (currently tuned CGDA)
    Kala baritone uke (currently tuned DGBE)
    Various other stringed instruments

Awesome... site still says on preorder. Would be interested to hear if a string change improves it.

BTW, assume you are familiar with Greg Hawkes CD, The Beatles Uke. Highly recommended.

Enjoy your new uke (would it raise some hackles if I said "toy"?)!

May it bring you many years of Joyful Uking!
    Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K, Mainland Mahogany Classic; Mainland Red Cedar; Ohana SK-28; Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's brand "Kolohe" concert; Cordoba 24T; Cordoba 30T; Kanilea Islander MST-4; Kiwaya KTT-2K; Cordoba 24B

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    Awesome... site still says on preorder. Would be interested to hear if a string change improves it.

BTW, assume you are familiar with Greg Hawkes CD, The Beatles Uke. Highly recommended.

Enjoy your new uke (would it raise some hackles if I said "toy"?)!
    Yes, I do have Greg Hawkes CD. Definitely enjoyable.

Well, since it's for ages 3+, "toy" isn't out of line. It's definitely not one of those $10,000 Moore Bettahs, (not that I've ever seen one in person), and I didn't buy it as a "serious" ukulele. Like a good toy, it will be fun, though!

"It's All Too Much"...…….Congrats!

Thread Information