Koaloha tenor strings

stripedass

Reaction score
I called koaloha today to see what strings they put on their ukulele stock from factory. They told me that they are specially formulated strings from Japan and if I want to get another set I need to buy them direct from koaloha. $10 with free shipping which is really not a bad deal. But I was wondering what other folks might be using on their koaloha tenors. I kind of find it hard to believe that a mass produced instrument is using some scientifically engineered strings... But I have been wrong before.

Any recommendations of what I should try first on this uke?

I’m quite certain they are using worth clear strings. The KoAloha I seen even have a worth clear label hanging from the headstock.

No labels hanging from mine except for tusq saddle..

If they were worth ateings.. why wouldn't they tell me over the phone? I wouldn't don't that they are a mass produced string... Just don't want to order something direct from the company if I don't have to..

Worth. ...Unless we're all quite behind the times. You can get them from Elderly Instruments or HMS.

No labels hanging from mine except for tusq saddle..

If they were worth ateings.. why wouldn't they tell me over the phone? I wouldn't don't that they are a mass produced string... Just don't want to order something direct from the company if I don't have to..

For the price, you'd be better off ordering them from KoAloha.

The Koaloha strings are most definitely Worth clears. As also written in one of the threads linked above, there were even Koaloha ukes shown on the cover of all Worth strings until a couple of years back.
For some reason, Worth changed this. Probably because Koaloha intended to sell the strings with their own logo. When it comes to different gauges: there are all kinds of gauges from Worth, both brown and clear. You‘ll find the exact data on the Worth web site.

Yes Worth Clears. When you buy Worth it is double length so they are actually cheaper then buying from Koaloha.

Yup, my new Koaloha mango tenor seems to be sporting Worth clears and it is Worth clears that I intend to put on when the stock strings are done.

Hate to resurrect this thread, but I’m interested in what people put on their Koaloha tenors BESIDES Worth Clears. I’d love to hear how the different strings changed the sound.

I bought replacement strings through Koaloha.

I purchased replacement strings through KoAloha. When I asked what they used the response was "We get them made for us, but they are 'Worth-like'. You can get Worth strings or buy our strings directly from us."

Hate to resurrect this thread, but I’m interested in what people put on their Koaloha tenors BESIDES Worth Clears. I’d love to hear how the different strings changed the sound.

Living Water strings sound nice on my KoAloha tenor. I switch between them and Worth clears.

Top Bottom