Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1915-1922 Washburn Soprano

I added a few more pictures that show the old tuners on the ukulele. They are in very good condition as well however the washers probably need replaced.

I would say it looks like Koa to me, but I am no expert

I would love to hear a bit more, especially some strumming of some basic chord progressions. How is the volume?

These strings really do it no justice. It sounded better with whatever strings it came with to be honest. It sounds good and is fairly loud though. Although it’s not has loud and resonate with these strings it is more plunky. These strings seem to have that effect imo. I’ll try to get another clip a bit later today with these strings but was really not wanting to change these strings because I am not going to make a dime from the sale as it is.

I also thought it looked like koa. I think early models were koa and then they switched to the flamed mahogany but I haven’t been able to find a reliable solid source. The one source pointed to it being flamed mahogany and I have heard only talk of them being koa.

Strings are still not that settled but I added another clip to the album. This thing is so fun to play!! I only have a flea and a kanilea tenor left. I have been trying to really dedicate myself to playing the tenor scale more. Someone buy this before I decide to sell the kanilea instead!! A punchy little soprano sure is hard to beat and such good fun!!

Uke has been sold

Thread Information