Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

uke-3k01.jpg
    This lovely 1920s Martin 3K soprano in my collection is looking for a new home. ;-)
    Rod

I hate to say it, but this might not be a good time to sell. I've gotten several emails from music stores and instructors saying that they will not accept instruments for sale or repair. Anything left behind will be discarded. People are leery of accepting things from other people. I'm pretty sure that any virus left on an item would be dead after going through several days of delivery, but people are being very cautious.

I thought I might sell some ukes in the spring, but now it might be the spring of 2021.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I hate to say it, but this might not be a good time to sell. I've gotten several emails from music stores and instructors saying that they will not accept instruments for sale or repair. Anything left behind will be discarded. People are leery of accepting things from other people. I'm pretty sure that any virus left on an item would be dead after going through several days of delivery, but people are being very cautious.

I thought I might sell some ukes in the spring, but now it might be the spring of 2021.

I was thinking of re homing my sidekick banjo uke. Then I heard some banjo hymns on Blue Grass junction (serius radio 62) and though, i can do something like that. Ill never be a Roy Clark or a Steve Martin, But the banjo sound is fun to work with.

I may or may not have rehomed one. I have a friend who lives in a senior living community who plays the ukulele and I go over there to jam. A neighbor wanted to come over to listen to us so my friend asked me if I could bring and extra ukulele. I brought an Ohana solid spruce top soprano. The lady was playing it and getting along pretty well. After an hour she could hit the C, G7, and F fast enough to keep up with some of our songs. She said that she would probably forget them by the time we get together again. I told her to keep the uke until we meet up again. I don't know when that will be. I'm sure that it will find its way home again, some day. I hope.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

I was considering letting my Kinnard Super Tenor go to a good home. It's ex Kimo Hussey, built by John Kinnard in 2014

All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I may or may not have rehomed one. I have a friend who lives in a senior living community who plays the ukulele and I go over there to jam. A neighbor wanted to come over to listen to us so my friend asked me if I could bring and extra ukulele. I brought an Ohana solid spruce top soprano. The lady was playing it and getting along pretty well. After an hour she could hit the C, G7, and F fast enough to keep up with some of our songs. She said that she would probably forget them by the time we get together again. I told her to keep the uke until we meet up again. I don't know when that will be. I'm sure that it will find its way home again, some day. I hope.
    Thats called Senior Re homing. (also called kind and good)

Well it's a bit premature, but I couldn't resist the idea of ordering a full carbon Klos recently. So what that one arrives I'll be selling my current Klos to make room. It cost me $500 including the carbon stiffening rods and upgraded TUSQ nut and saddle. Wonder what I should ask......$350? $400?
    Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

Ugh, hate to do it but my 2019 made KoAloha KSM-T2 tenor neck soprano with LR Baggs Five.O pickup and hard shell case is being considered. I’m also considering selling a lot of things, as I lost my service industry job and have zero income thanks to all my gigs being cancelled. Probably selling my Fishman sa330x PA & loudbox mini charge as well for the same reason. Just need the cash =\ someone PM me if you have the means and are interested..

Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    Well it's a bit premature, but I couldn't resist the idea of ordering a full carbon Klos recently. So what that one arrives I'll be selling my current Klos to make room. It cost me $500 including the carbon stiffening rods and upgraded TUSQ nut and saddle. Wonder what I should ask......$350? $400?
    I'd start figuring around 70% of the purchase price, up or down from there, depending on condition and how fast you want it to sell.

Give shipping some thought. Depending on distance, it could be very expensive. I prefer to have the buyer pay. Shipping with a case adds considerably to the weight. Priority Mail is a good way to go. You can print the label at home and just drop it off at the PO or give it to the mail carrier.

When I order a uke online, the mail carrier brings it right to my door. That sure beats getting a note in my mailbox after the PO is closed.

Thread Information