What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

I am actually considering rehoming my Ken Timms 17 fret style "0" Soprano.
As I am playing less ukulele, it just lives in the case, which is not fair to an instrument like this.

This year I am going to be making an effort to re-home anything that just doesn't get the love it deserves from me, instruments that I just don't have time to play because I am playing other ones. Things on that list:

Ohana CK-35 solid mahogany concert
KoAloha KSM-00 koa soprano
KoAloha Opio KCO-10S spruce top concert
Populele concert (backed it on Indiegogo back when it was launching)
Ohana BK-35 solid mahogany baritone

There might be more, if I can rationally put sentiment aside. For instance, I might sell my Kala Elite koa soprano. It was my first really nice instrument so it holds a special place in my heart, but I just don't play it most of the time. We'll see...

William King "Texas-size" Tenor. Considering it. It's superb, but it's less sentimental than a couple of my other ukes and I can't play them all these days.

My custom five string Super Tenor is also 90% available as my head has been turned again.

I've got a Blackbird Farallon w/ side port and radius I'm thinking about selling or trading. I really want to try a "super tenor" or "baby baritone" of some sort. I do like the Farallon, but can only afford one expensive ukulele at a time.

-Brett

MY understanding is that Takumi is no longer making ukuleles under that brand name. The luthier who made them has retired. So the Takumi parent company has decided to cease production of that line. Kiwaya, LoPrinzi & DaSilva ukulele brands will still be offered.

So they will both be rare commodities.

I hate to say it, but this might not be a good time to sell. I've gotten several emails from music stores and instructors saying that they will not accept instruments for sale or repair. Anything left behind will be discarded. People are leery of accepting things from other people. I'm pretty sure that any virus left on an item would be dead after going through several days of delivery, but people are being very cautious.

I thought I might sell some ukes in the spring, but now it might be the spring of 2021.

I hate to say it, but this might not be a good time to sell. I've gotten several emails from music stores and instructors saying that they will not accept instruments for sale or repair. Anything left behind will be discarded. People are leery of accepting things from other people. I'm pretty sure that any virus left on an item would be dead after going through several days of delivery, but people are being very cautious.

I thought I might sell some ukes in the spring, but now it might be the spring of 2021.

I was thinking of re homing my sidekick banjo uke. Then I heard some banjo hymns on Blue Grass junction (serius radio 62) and though, i can do something like that. Ill never be a Roy Clark or a Steve Martin, But the banjo sound is fun to work with.

I may or may not have rehomed one. I have a friend who lives in a senior living community who plays the ukulele and I go over there to jam. A neighbor wanted to come over to listen to us so my friend asked me if I could bring and extra ukulele. I brought an Ohana solid spruce top soprano. The lady was playing it and getting along pretty well. After an hour she could hit the C, G7, and F fast enough to keep up with some of our songs. She said that she would probably forget them by the time we get together again. I told her to keep the uke until we meet up again. I don't know when that will be. I'm sure that it will find its way home again, some day. I hope.

I may or may not have rehomed one. I have a friend who lives in a senior living community who plays the ukulele and I go over there to jam. A neighbor wanted to come over to listen to us so my friend asked me if I could bring and extra ukulele. I brought an Ohana solid spruce top soprano. The lady was playing it and getting along pretty well. After an hour she could hit the C, G7, and F fast enough to keep up with some of our songs. She said that she would probably forget them by the time we get together again. I told her to keep the uke until we meet up again. I don't know when that will be. I'm sure that it will find its way home again, some day. I hope.

Thats called Senior Re homing. (also called kind and good)

Well it's a bit premature, but I couldn't resist the idea of ordering a full carbon Klos recently. So what that one arrives I'll be selling my current Klos to make room. It cost me $500 including the carbon stiffening rods and upgraded TUSQ nut and saddle. Wonder what I should ask......$350? $400?

Ugh, hate to do it but my 2019 made KoAloha KSM-T2 tenor neck soprano with LR Baggs Five.O pickup and hard shell case is being considered. I’m also considering selling a lot of things, as I lost my service industry job and have zero income thanks to all my gigs being cancelled. Probably selling my Fishman sa330x PA & loudbox mini charge as well for the same reason. Just need the cash =\ someone PM me if you have the means and are interested..

Well it's a bit premature, but I couldn't resist the idea of ordering a full carbon Klos recently. So what that one arrives I'll be selling my current Klos to make room. It cost me $500 including the carbon stiffening rods and upgraded TUSQ nut and saddle. Wonder what I should ask......$350? $400?

I'd start figuring around 70% of the purchase price, up or down from there, depending on condition and how fast you want it to sell.

Give shipping some thought. Depending on distance, it could be very expensive. I prefer to have the buyer pay. Shipping with a case adds considerably to the weight. Priority Mail is a good way to go. You can print the label at home and just drop it off at the PO or give it to the mail carrier.

When I order a uke online, the mail carrier brings it right to my door. That sure beats getting a note in my mailbox after the PO is closed.

Posted in Marketplace:

I am in dire need to sale several of my ukuleles due to the side effect of our current pandemic. Simply put, I lost my job 3/13 & will be seriously placing many of my ukuleles up for grab soon. Some or most of the ukes in my signature will be available for sale. Since I purchased many of them from other UU members or by recommendation from same. I will be listing them here first before going to Facebook, Reverb, or other forums.

The ones I expect to list first are:

KoAloha Crown Bridge Super Concert - built 2008, w/Oahu hardshell case.

KoAloha Concert Scepter - 2010? w/LR Baggs 5.0 p/u factory installed. Reunion Blues case.

Mya-Moe # 648 - details here on the My-Moe Uke Tracker

https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketr...kingNumber=648

and a bunch more.

P.S. - I'm taking photos of these 3 in preparation for selling. Others to follow. And Admins, if "coming soon" posts aren't allowed, please delete!

Mahalo & stay safe everyone!

I'm sorry about your job and everything else. Good luck with your sales.

Top Bottom