What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

kmehrzad

Reaction score
I just finished reading the thread on what’s been bought and sold this year, now how about what folks are considering rehoming in the near future? I’m curious.

I need to move out a number so may consider listing virtually everything except my Hive, my Grimes and a couple of recent additions, and then let the market decide by seeing which four or so sell first. The problem is I don't want to sell any of these, but I keep buying. Not because I think there is anything better out there, but because I enjoy experiencing different ones.

Collings UC3MSB, the only cherry sunburst they ever made (on hold; somebody wants is if I can actually let it go)
KoAloha all 'hog longneck soprano, limited run (on hold for somebody until next week)
Ono Wahoo torrefied spruce/sapele tenor (great playability and tone; have my eye on another Ono)
Blackbird Farallon (highly customized, including unigrain top like their Savoy guitar which I think sounds even better than the standard Farallon, radius fretboard, sunburst, parallelogram markers, fancy rosette)
Kinnard Series 3 spruce/California sycamore tenor (there will always be a Kinnard in my stable, so if did let this one go, I'd be getting another one)
Beau Hannam Grand 19" tenor, Selmer body shape, sinker redwood top/Amazon rosewood body (really spectacular instrument and the longer scale helps deliver a lot of tone)
TODA, spruce/Madagascar tenor, cut-away body shape (about as rare as a unicorn; incredible tone)

I'm on the other end of the scale from Eddie, with several cheap ukes (Fender Venice, Ohana concert, Kala Tenor) that I bought trying to figure out what I liked and am now replacing with better ones. The problem is that they're not really worth enough to put in effort to sell, and I haven't found a good place to donate them. I have promised not to buy more until they go though, and I still don't have a Bari, so something will move them!

Still have these sopranos 1918 2M, a WWII 0 that is my current player, a Gretch that has a Diamond/surfer over the Gretch decal, A Samuel Osborn, A Regal that I modified with a redwood sound board, rosewood bridge, rock maple saddle dyed red, Refinish with red tones, plus 2 banjo Ukes an SS Stewart University and a Tonk made 510 Venicia. The 1918 Martin is the last of 8 Martins I had for sale under my previous handle spongeuke that I could no longer login?? The WWII Style 0 is just out of the rescue room, the rest have not been played much lately.

I have a few I'll be letting go.
Kanile'a Islander MST-4 solid mahogany tenor, currently listed in the marketplace.
Ohana SK-28 solid mahogany soprano currently listed on Craigslist
Mainland Red Cedar soprano currently listed on Flea Market Music
Mainland Mahogany Classic Gloss " "
Cordoba 24B
Bruko No. 6
and, possibly, a Cordoba 30T

Since acquiring my Kiwaya soprano, concert and tenor ukes, the above ukes aren't getting any play time at all.

Oh this is such a tough question, I should sell a few but I did a lot of buying trying and selling to get to these keepers. Since taking up guitar I don't spend much time on but a few of my ukes. So these are the ones in danger of leaving.

Weber tenor, engleman spruce and cocobolo
Kimo tenor, curly koa and curly maple back
Kimo super concert, sinker redwood, curly walnut
Kamaka 100th anniversary baritone.
Mya Moe bearclaw spruce and cocobolo baritone
Anyone interested shoot me a PM. Each of the above had a NUD done so search my "Threads Started" for pictures. I am gonna regret this post.

Oh this is such a tough question, I should sell a few but I did a lot of buying trying and selling to get to these keepers. Since taking up guitar I don't spend much time on but a few of my ukes.

I'm coming from the other direction. Since rekindling my passion for ukuleles, my guitars are gathering dust. I've already traded off a Waterloo for my Kiwaya tenor, and I have a gorgeous Taylor 562ce 12 string X 12 fret all mahogany guitar on consignment.

I'm coming from the other direction. Since rekindling my passion for ukuleles, my guitars are gathering dust. I've already traded off a Waterloo for my Kiwaya tenor, and I have a gorgeous Taylor 562ce 12 string X 12 fret all mahogany guitar on consignment.

Yes us humans can be fickle creatures. Part of me knows I should hang on to all the ukes I have. They are all exceptional instruments found through lots of experimenting. I do go through phases of enjoying uke then guitar then uke. All first world problems.

I previously read about you selling your Waterloo, wonderful guitars. Are you keeping any guitars???

I have been thinking about a few - but it would only be my laminates, & possibly my solid body ukes - not going to part with any of my solid wood ukes, but especially not my long necks! :music:

Fender Zuma concert, $100 shipped CONUS...
IMG_20190304_092934728.jpg IMG_20190304_093023505.jpg IMG_20190304_092954063.jpg IMG_20190304_093042866.jpg

I would like to rehome the Waterman that is hanging down in the basement and a broken Mainland, but probably won't happen.

I'm a little sad that my ukes, which brought so much fun to get-togethers with my grandchildren when they were smaller, have been sitting, unloved, in their cases for a few years now that the youngest child is seven. At first, all the children wanted was for Papa to play for them. Then, all they wanted was to grab the ukes and pretend they were playing (before bashing them to the floor). Now, they have their own music and couldn't care less about Papa's goofy little guitar.

I want to keep one of my ukes, probably my banjolele, but I am thinking of selling my Johnson soprano and my Tom sopranino (pocket) uke, both cheapos that sound great, but no longer serve any purpose.

I have a Pono Tenor Cedar Top Mahogany Deluxe (MTD-2) model I am probably going to rehome. This uke allowed me to try a lot of different things: radius fretboard, cedar top, strap buttons, etc.

It sounds great, and plays well, but I decided I like Koa, a more traditional sound, and the radius is nice, but is not such a world of difference for me that I need to have it, and since I do almost all my playing sitting down, I don’t really need strap buttons either.

It mostly sits unplayed, and it is more out of laziness and not wanting to deal with listing and shipping that has prevented me from actually selling it. If anyone is interested, PM me. (Great idea for a thread)

I've spent the last couple months trying to convince myself to decide on at least one ukulele to sell, (I now have more than I intended), but so far, I can't rehome any. I do play them all regularly, (some a bit less, but I'd miss them if there were gone.)

So right now, no, I don't plan on rehoming any. But I am finding myself reading the posts in this thread, relieved that mostly there aren't concerts up for sale, because I do still feel the stirrings of UAS. Sigh.

Off to go play some more, and enjoy what I have.

I've been happy with a Koaloha concert a Martin 0 and Ken Timms sopranos. What I would like is a Collings T1 and maybe sell one of the Sopranos. A fine retirement line up...

Tim

I will donate my Kala tenor uke to some place in my local community. It's called a Kala KTE-C, a cutaway with built-in pickup. About ten years old or so.

Fingers crossed, my rehoming days are over.......hopefully, maybe, for now. I've been through a lot of ukes in the two years I've been playing. The most I had at once was 5. I've zeroed in on concert as my "happy place," and I know what nut size, neck shape, and neck finish I like. I'm shooting for three ukes that cover most all bases & get played a lot. Two concerts with very different sounds, both of which have or will soon have MiSi pick-ups so that I have a choice when plugged in. The aNueNue Moon Bird in spruce & rosewood that's well rounded, with great low end, and my soon to be pimped out KoAloha koa that is nice and bright. Up still now my Islander soprano has been my grab-n-go uke. The wide nut helps a lot with the soprano scale, but it's still kind of cramped. I have a KoAloha Opio long neck soprano on it's way, and that will be my new grab-n-go ukulele.

Top Bottom