What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

This was a good and interesting thread, a nice spot aside from the Marketplace to talk re-home potentials or plan for a future New Uke Day.
Hope you don’t mind the bump!

I’ll add to the considering rehoming list:
  • KoAloha Super Concert aka longneck concert w/ hardshell case
  • *Off Topic* Small Roland AC-33 battery powered acoustic amp if anyone is interested

Last edited:
I recently accidentally dropped my wife’s only ukulele which she barely touch it now. It had multiple mini cracks gathered at the impact point. These cracks are on a corner of the cedar top board. I’m super guilty about it and thought of selling it cheap to get a replacement. In the end, I didn’t rehome it cos it’s still a great sounding uke and will always bear that scarred top to serve as a reminder.

1. Fluke Tenor
2. Gretsch 9121 (also tenor)

Well I just bought a Koaloha soprano so I'll be listing my my cedar/mahogany Bruko soprano next week (after I get back from vacation).

And ever since I got a vintage Martin concert I've been agonizing over selling either that or my other mahogany concert a Takumi TC-1M. I actually put the Takumi up for sale briefly but took it down the next day. There is a decent chance I'll put the Takumi back up for sale again because I would kind of like to use the money to fund a higher end tenor then I have (or a super concert), but damn, it sure is a lovely instrument and I just haven't been able to commit myself to letting it (or the Martin) go yet.

Well I just bought a Koaloha soprano so I'll be listing my my cedar/mahogany Bruko soprano next week (after I get back from vacation).

And ever since I got a vintage Martin concert I've been agonizing over selling either that or my other mahogany concert a Takumi TC-1M. I actually put the Takumi up for sale briefly but took it down the next day. There is a decent chance I'll put the Takumi back up for sale again because I would kind of like to use the money to fund a higher end tenor then I have (or a super concert), but damn, it sure is a lovely instrument and I just haven't been able to commit myself to letting it (or the Martin) go yet.

I would let the Takumi go if I’m in your spot. A good vintage Martin is not an everyday find you know.

I've gone back and forth on this one but I'm still contemplating re-homing my Ohana CK-42R limited edition concert. There's a great story behind the origin of sinker redwood that makes me feel like I own a small piece of American history. It's a beauty but I've been looking at another uke and if I were to get it, one of my current ones has to go.

I've got a MyaMoe tenor I picked up on Marketplace a couple months ago. I really like it, but I've got big hands and neck is too thin for me.

Agreed. If I let one of them go it would probably be the Takumi. Still thinking it over though. I may just keep them both.

Great if you could keep them all unless you got a strict “one in one out” rule to adhere to.

This instrument has now been rehomed

I'm about to list my first custom build in the Marketplace in the next few days. It's my Boat Paddle (Hoffman Lutherie) ML Tenor Cocobolo back and sides and master grade Red Spuce top. Options included a side sound port, MiSi pickup, Gotoh Planetary tuners, Oasis Humidifier and GWW (Ameritage) custom hard case. I just had 2 sets of new saddles and nuts made up by Jerry.
It is about 5 years old and has been played well. There is noticeable "strum rash" on the upper bouts and other minor marks that you would expect on a 5 year old instrument that has been played a lot. I'm a player, not a curator of museum pieces.
I will be travelling to the USA again in September and propose to carry it in with me and ship it while I am in NYC around the 20th of September via Fedex or UPS. I sold my Collings UC2 this way when I was visiting a friend in Hawaii this past May/June and had no problems.
I'll publish a proper for sale ad soon with accurate photos. Replacement value is about US$3000 and I'm going to be looking for US$1650. I would consider a part trade for a nice but not expensive soprano for my wife who has just decided to learn the Uke.
Enquires welcomed.
Here are the original build photo by Jerry:
AB01A93C-379A-43FA-9286-7F11B5A99D46.jpg
4F3E4EF9-DEA4-4205-B63D-92B69782F42C.jpg
And here are photos of it being played in performances:
A0CA00DB-3B30-4A20-9BFA-E55F3DA35B65.jpg

Last edited:
I will be travelling to the USA again in September and propose to carry it in with me and ship it while I am in NYC around the 20th of September via Fedex or UPS. I sold my Collings UC2 this way when I was visiting a friend in Hawaii this past May/June and had no problems.

As the buyer of the Collings, I can agree that it went very smoothly, and the ukulele seems to have cured my UAS as well. :)
(At least for now, LOL.)

I need to replace my roof this fall and will be regretfully listing a few ukes and guitars in the near future, including:

Glyph “Mighty Vita” Vita uke copy

Pohaku tenor Art Deco model

MP concert pineapple

50’s Martin O

And a few others....sigh

I need to replace my roof this fall and will be regretfully listing a few ukes and guitars in the near future, including:

Glyph “Mighty Vita” Vita uke copy

Pohaku tenor Art Deco model

MP concert pineapple

50’s Martin O

And a few others....sigh

So it was you that bought that Pohaku Art Deco tenor that I was lusting after! Unfortunately I won't be able to buy it off you either because I still can't afford it.

So it was you that bought that Pohaku Art Deco tenor that I was lusting after! Unfortunately I won't be able to buy it off you either because I still can't afford it.

I’m not sure which one you’re talking about. Peter has made several art deco models over the years mines an older one.

I’m not sure which one you’re talking about. Peter has made several art deco models over the years mines an older one.

I realise he has made a few, but I thought it might be the most recent one. Anyway, I would offer to buy it if I had the money.

I'm selling a Taylor Big Baby. I use to love Martin's when i exclusively played guitar now i seem to be a starter Taylor guy. Got a GS mini the other day. I think the ukuleles brighter tone altered my ears haha.

This is a confession, i sometimes think of selling my Wunderkammer but chicken out every time. I (shoot me) mostly play my Ohana SK39 with worth browns. It goes EVERYWHERE with me and is still mint. The Wunderkammer lies in its hard case and gets minimal play.

Story of my life. I had a Martin D28 when i only played guitar and 90% of the time i played my last (i've had 3) Taylor Big Baby.

A nice Martin T1k, with UPTL tuner upgrade. I got it for reentrant, but find I like low G on tenors, and already have one for that.

I think my Mya Moe will be traded next but I'm not sure what for yet.

IMG_20190811_134901.jpg

IMG_20190811_134941.jpg

Top Bottom