What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

Risa Stick - tenor size completed with cable and headphone AMP. I can count with one hand how many times I played it.
It is a great travel uke but whenever I bring it on a trip, I just got so tired from the day time activities that I almost never pull it out of the bag.

Wow! After trying so many smaller instruments (UBASS, Shredneck bass, three different ukes), I'm having the same experience as you. I take them with me, but rarely play them. Not even sure why I buy them... I guess it's much cheaper than cars or wine!

Wow! After trying so many smaller instruments (UBASS, Shredneck bass, three different ukes), I'm having the same experience as you. I take them with me, but rarely play them. Not even sure why I buy them... I guess it's much cheaper than cars or wine!

I buy them so I can lay them all out on the floor in the bags and cases and whatnot, stand in front of them, and say, eeny meeny miny moe till I pick the one I want to monkey around with.

Also - they make me feel special. Specifically, they make me believe that I'm the only person on earth that buys less expensive second hand imported ukuleles on Flea Market Music and the Ukulele Undergound. Or at least that's how it feels when I want to sell them off :rolleyes:

I have two I'm considering selling, a Koaloha KCM-00 (one year old) and a Kanilea K1-T (two years old). Both in good condition, both bought new from Hawai'i, both awesome instruments! I just think I prefer others at those scale lengths.

The main thing keeping me from selling honestly is shipping and dealing with the hassle of packaging, insurance, and dealing with what happens if the uke is damaged or a buyer is picky on receipt. I've had bad ebay experiences before where terrible buyers had an item arrive, and then tried to argue that it wasn't what they inspected (they didn't read the listing or look at all the photos I provided). That, and over the top bargain hunters ("I will give you $75 for your Koaloha! Let's haggle!") have kind of turned me off on online selling.

I'm lucky enough to live in California where there are quite a few players. I wonder if I'd have any luck in selling these in Northern California, and offering a nice price to someone willing to meet me to exchange the uke in person.

I think I'm on the same path as many of you, where I have been trying out a variety of ukes to see what fits my style best. I'm getting there (have only been playing for one year), and also realize I have far too many instruments for the amount of time/energy I have to play. It seems like ukes haven't been selling well on the marketplace the past few months so I've been waiting for things to pick up a bit. But will probably re-home my (gorgeous) mya moe concert chocolate heart mango, as well as my Gary Creedy solid cherry tenor. If anyone is interested please PM me and I can send info. I think I've found "the" tenor for me in my Rebel semi-custom. I have a used mainland baritone that might go as well, because I really want to try the new Romero DH6 guilele. I have a Deering Banjo Uke that I love, but since I don't play banjolele very often I might sell that and buy something that I'll have less money invested in, like a little Gem.
So many decisions....

I have two I'm considering selling, a Koaloha KCM-00 (one year old) and a Kanilea K1-T (two years old). Both in good condition, both bought new from Hawai'i, both awesome instruments! I just think I prefer others at those scale lengths.

The main thing keeping me from selling honestly is shipping and dealing with the hassle of packaging, insurance, and dealing with what happens if the uke is damaged or a buyer is picky on receipt. I've had bad ebay experiences before where terrible buyers had an item arrive, and then tried to argue that it wasn't what they inspected (they didn't read the listing or look at all the photos I provided). That, and over the top bargain hunters ("I will give you $75 for your Koaloha! Let's haggle!") have kind of turned me off on online selling.

I'm lucky enough to live in California where there are quite a few players. I wonder if I'd have any luck in selling these in Northern California, and offering a nice price to someone willing to meet me to exchange the uke in person.

Yeah, me too. all of that packing and shipping stuff is what keeps me from listing.

Yeah, me too. all of that packing and shipping stuff is what keeps me from listing.

Right! And taking lots of good pictures. When I do eventually post mine, I'm going to have a link to Google Photos so the pictures will be big and clear. I have a garage half full of boxes, so that's no problem (aside from the mess), but I still have to pack them carefully. I always have the uke packed and ready to go by the time I list it. I've found that having the buyer pay shipping is a good way to go. I live in NY, and most buyers seem to be in CA - highest possible shipping cost. :D When I buy a new uke, I have to pay shipping, so having the buyer pay is reasonable.

I keep debating about selling my vintage Gibson uke2. The problem is I pick it up and play it and listen to the wonderful voice, take a look at the beautiful wood and workmanship, and then have second thoughts.

I keep debating about selling my vintage Gibson uke2. The problem is I pick it up and play it and listen to the wonderful voice, take a look at the beautiful wood and workmanship, and then have second thoughts.

Once it's gone, it's gone.

Once it's gone, it's gone.

I try to make up my mind to move on.

Although reading some of the threads here makes me want to start a show "Ukulele Hoarders"

:D

I just posted in my local groups with my Duke10. took $50 off what I posted here to not deal with the shipping headache.

I sent you a PM. I’m in Sacramento as well and I may have a buyer for you.

2 months ago, the answer would have been nothing, but today the answer would be pretty much everything. Sometimes life throws you a curveball.

Currently listed for sale:
-Pono RTSH(S) PC - spruce and rosewood pro classic tenor
-2004 KoAloha crown bridge tenor

Available, but not yet listed:
-2017 KoAloha Red Label Koa Tenor
-aNueNue Moon Bird UT200

2 months ago, the answer would have been nothing, but today the answer would be pretty much everything. Sometimes life throws you a curveball.

Currently listed for sale:
-Pono RTSH(S) PC - spruce and rosewood pro classic tenor
-2004 KoAloha crown bridge tenor

Available, but not yet listed:
-2017 KoAloha Red Label Koa Tenor
-aNueNue Moon Bird UT200

Hello - email sent.

Also - they make me feel special. Specifically, they make me believe that I'm the only person on earth that buys less expensive second hand imported ukuleles on Flea Market Music and the Ukulele Undergound. Or at least that's how it feels when I want to sell them off :rolleyes:

Hey! So I'm going against your methodology because I rarely buy used, and "fret" over not getting as much when I sell to folks like you!

I need to adapt!

Full PM Box

If I bite the bullet and get a tenor, I might be rehoming my blue concert Flea with upgraded fretboard and tuners. I have it strung low g right now, and I really like it. But if I get a tenor, I'll have that low g. And I strive to be the opposite of a hoarder, so the Flea might have to go.

Your inbox is full, popular Pup! If you decide to rehome please let me know. Thank you.

Considering rehoming these two:

• Pono ATD Acacia Tenor Deluxe (players uke) with Baggs Five.O pickup SOLD on Reverb
  • Ovation Applause (No longer made) UAE-148 Tenor Mahogany Top Acoustic/Electric with OP-24+ pickups SOLD on Reverb

Last edited:
My Mele tenor.

It was my first step into what a “nicer” uke is like, but now that I have a Kanile‘a, I only have room for one solid koa instrument in my life.

Top Bottom