Ukulele stands : Recommended and Avoided styles?

So I ended up ordering one of these stands for my sopranino :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ukulele-St...le-Portable-/192040480349?txnId=1608176547009
It showed up in the mail today. Seems to be pretty nice! Can be adjusted to fit my sopranino perfectly and the grips keep stuff from slipping.

Well good luck with that - but that stand is the exact one I see being used at jams when most of the ukes fall over. I wouldn't trust it.

61WX5yHleSL._SX679_.jpg

Well good luck with that - but that stand is the exact one I see being used at jams when most of the ukes fall over. I wouldn't trust it.

61WX5yHleSL._SX679_.jpg
Yeah I had a brand new uke in one of those and the cat walked by. Day One, one ding.

Yeah I had a brand new uke in one of those and the cat walked by. Day One, one ding.

Have this model and watched in slow motion as my Koaloha concert slowly tilted and rotated until the headstock hit the hardwood floor for some cosmetic damage (sob...). The foam did not provide enough friction to stop the movement when it was slightly off balance (10 degrees?).

Now use the stand for my iPad when using it for songsheets.

I use this one bought at Victor Litz in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Very sturdy and easy to fold.

I use an Eddie Finn that is a lot like that one. It works fine. I mean, nothing practical is going to save your uke from all and any eventuality. Another thing I like about that style of stand is that I plug into a Kustom PA-50 sometimes and in a pinch if I'm travelling light, I can put the PA-50 on its side on one of those stands out in front of me and it will give it a nice tilt upwards. Also it is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the amp. Great for busking. I don't leave home without one.

Hi, Beasty_Artemis!

I use cusion and pillow during practice. No fall over at all and easy to set.

Speaking of all and any eventuality, laying on the floor or on a chair, both of those are my worst nightmare. I'm religious about it. I'd get a couple of drinks in me and I'd either step on one or sit on it. Better to knock it off a stand than to put my foot or butt through one.

Last edited:
I like the wooden Cooperstand for its good looks. It seems sturdy.
There's an Ebay seller who has them for $29, which is a considerable discount from the typical $44.

Have this model and watched in slow motion as my Koaloha concert slowly tilted and rotated until the headstock hit the hardwood floor for some cosmetic damage (sob...). The foam did not provide enough friction to stop the movement when it was slightly off balance (10 degrees?).

Now use the stand for my iPad when using it for songsheets.
Me too! When I can't find my usual iPad stand.

Yep, put my Kamaka on it. The stand comes with a couple of shims to go over the posts for smaller instruments. Accidents already described was the main reason I went with the Hercules stand I have.

I will keep it on my radar. I wonder if all the hercules stands come with the shims? I've been wanting to get a double hanging stand.

The one thing I really like about my StageLine Ukulele stand is the adjustable back support.

http://www.stagelinestands.com/product-details.cfm?productID=127

This is what I've been using. It's a String Swing double uke stand that attaches to a mic or music stand. Can also hold a glass of tequila in lieu of one uke.

IMG_20190409_124827.jpg
IMG_20190331_164116.jpg

Last edited:
It's a String Swing double uke stand that attaches to a mic or music stand. Can also hold a glass of tequila in lieu of one uke.

IMHO this one looks most reasonable of all the options so far. The various ones suggested earlier all seem to be table top stands, as I think that having a small instrument like ukulele so close to the ground just invites someone tripping over it or dropping something on it. I would prefer to have my good instrument elevated and stable way above ground. So if a table is available to put the stand or case on then great, but we don't have that in many settings.

Thanks for that Ziret. It's just what I need. I just ordered one direct from String Swing. Their price is $17.99 shipped. Now I just need to find the right shaped glass for those times when I only have one ukulele!

Thanks for that Ziret. It's just what I need. I just ordered one direct from String Swing. Their price is $17.99 shipped. Now I just need to find the right shaped glass for those times when I only have one ukulele!

I hope you like it. It works well for me. I forgot to mention there's a small shelf on the back where I clip a tuner, and it might be good for a pen or shot glass? I'm not sure what it's really there for. As to the glass, any stemware should work. Cheers!

Top Bottom