FS : Barron River ukulele concert long neck 5 strings 2018 high gloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBzz

Reaction score
SOLD

Hi everyone !

I need some cash at the moment unfortunately so here is for sale this lovely Barron River super concert - 5 strings - German spruce & Ambrosia Maple.

It was built in 2018 by Allen McFarlen and has been very gently played. It's in very good condition (see pictures, sorry for the orientation problems..., i will post more in another post). I will post a UU picture tomorrow with the date and my nickname. DONE.

The sound it produces is clear but deep and powerful at the same time. It is strung with only 4 strings on the pictures (low G Pepe Romero La Bella, and Living waters C E and A). It sounds beautifully with only 4 strings. Played with 5 strings it gives new possibilities, the double G adds some dynamic range. I changed the strings a week ago and it is strung with 5 Worth clear strings now, it really shines !

Here is a sound sample of another Barron River concert played by Corey : https://vimeo.com/249056995
Soundwise it's pretty close but the low G adds some bass and overtones.

Allen McFarlen description :
Curly Ambrosia Maple and German Spruce produces a bright and clean voice to this 5 String long neck concert ukulele. Bindings are birdseye Sapele with Gidgee head plate veneers, compound radius on the fret board and curly Gidgee bridge. Gotoh UPT 4:1 gold machine heads. Finished in high gloss polyurethane.

A like new ABS hard case comes with it.

Trying to clear 1500 USD (insured worldwide shipping included). Payment by Paypal.

Don't hesitate if you have any question.

All the best,

JB

IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1193.jpg
IMG_1203.jpg

Last edited:
I remember either a build thread or a NUD thread for this instrument. It is stunning.

Good luck with the sale.
It's a very very very tempting Uke....

Thank you Steve !

Yes the Ambrosia Maple figures are quite impressive and the spruce top is gorgeous.

Weekend bump :cool:

I want to get back to a regular tenor so I could be interested in trading it with a recent Koaloha/Kamaka/Kanilea tenor + some cash. A Blackbird Farallon, a Rebel or a Kala elite could be considered too.

Thanks.
JB

Last edited:
Really striking-looking instrument. Some lucky player will get a fabulous tenor.

Best of luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom