Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting PDFs onto an iPad

I use Dropbox and iBooks. If you PDFs are on a Mac you can”airdrop” them too.
    Keep Strummin'

If you have not done so set up different eMail accounts on each device and mail them a batch at a time.

Zero cost.
    Col.
    From the UK with a bad case of MIAS.
    Korg PA700, Korg Kross 2, Gibson LP, Fender Jazz Bass,
    + Amps, PA, Boss GT100, mixer.
    Ukes - Kala KA-TEME and Risa ST electric solid body.
    Uke wish list, a Bass, make and model yet to be determined

I'm more used to a PC and thumb drive, so i've been using the Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive.
    it creates its own wifi wireless connectivity with devices that have the free Sandisk Connect App installed.

I find it very useful because I can load my music pdfs via the USB port and then transfer the files wirelessly
    from the Drive to my tablet or phone, etc.

I carry the drive with me all the time so as I meet ukulele friends (old and new), if they need some ukulele
    music and they are willing to download the FREE SanDisk Connect App, I can share some songbooks and
    other files and send them on their merry way

I hope this helps! A couple of Christmases ago, after I found this, I told my kids THIS was the present for me!

I had been struggling to get any ukulele pdfs on to my iPad and this item was a Godsend!

keep uke'in',

PS if you want to discuss it with me (rohiguchi@seattleschools.org)
    Uncle Rod Higuchi
    ( rohiguchi@seattleschools.org )

MP3s: http://www.mediafire.com/?50db7nls4o6m6
    Ukulele Boot Camp, FREE Songbook, Holiday, Hawaiian & More: http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com
    Crazy G tutorial on YouTube ( uncle rod crazy g )
    pdf file for Crazy G:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o6id06c06...20TAB.pdf?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Col50 View Post
    If you have not done so set up different eMail accounts on each device and mail them a batch at a time.

Zero cost.
    I have sent things from one device to another using the same email address. I just send to myself and open it where I want to use it.

On my IPad I have put PDFs into IBooks and into OnSong with no issues.

I know you're trying to avoid buying an app, but forScore is really the way to go. I can't recommend it highly enough.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    I know you're trying to avoid buying an app, but forScore is really the way to go. I can't recommend it highly enough.
    Yes, I am trying to avoid buying an app. I bought the MobileSheetsPro for three Kindles, and the Kindle is my go-to tablet. The iPad is version 2, and it offers a new definition of "slow." That's why I switched to the Kindle. I'd just like to see if the iPad might be an alternative or a loaner.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Yes, I am trying to avoid buying an app. I bought the MobileSheetsPro for three Kindles, and the Kindle is my go-to tablet. The iPad is version 2, and it offers a new definition of "slow." That's why I switched to the Kindle. I'd just like to see if the iPad might be an alternative or a loaner.
    I also have an iPad 2, I upgraded to an iPad 9.7 because none of the apps I wanted where supported on the older iPad. You should have iBook one he older iPad, Files has a different name (explorer?), have you tried looking on iCloud to see if the pdf’s are there?
    LACole
    Laurie Ann Cole

Northern UK20 Concert Mahogany GCEA Aquila Lava
    Beaver Creek BCUKEFM-T Tenor Maple Flame gCEA D’addario Pro Arte
    Eddy Finn EF-Moon Concert Mahogany gCEA Aquila SuperNylgut
    Beaver Creek BCUKE-S Soprano Mahogany gCEA D’addario Black Nylon
    Ohana PKC-25G Concert Mahogany Pineapple gCEA Aquila
    Donner DUC-3 Concert Spruce/Mahogany gCEA Donner

CPM CT-Q2 chromatic clip on tuner
    Snark SN-4 tuner
    Donner tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I started using my v2 iPad with OnSong and forScore (which I find awkward) when my music notebook got too heavy, but the screen was too small for me. The only larger screens at the time were Android, which I hesitated buying until I found MobileSheets Pro, in my opinion is more logical than OnSong or forScore, so I bought a 13.3" Android. I lived with the shortcomings of Android compared to iOS, until I needed better stylus notation and recording capabilities. By then the iPad Pro 12.9" was available, but I didn't want to spend close to $1000 for it and I like MobileSheets Pro.

Then I saw that MobileSheets Pro was made for Windows 10 tablets which were touted for good stylus function, so I bought one with a stylus. That was a disaster, I found Windows 10 to be an incredibly cumbersome system, the stylus was only marginally better than the Android, and it would not record when running MobileSheets Pro.

In my frustration I went to my local Apple Store and tested out the iPad Pro 12.9" and Apple Pencil. The moment I put my hands on I found it I saw that ran circles around any other system I tried, amazingly fast and because I have an iPhone, knew all the functions, so I decided to learn the ins-and-outs of forScore (which records directly in the app to the song being played) and bought a refurb 12.9" with refurb Pencil for $800 out the door.

Lesson learned, step up to the better choice rather than the lesser choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I started using my v2 iPad with OnSong and forScore (which I find awkward)...
    You've had an interesting journey. : )
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information