Putting PDFs onto an iPad

Jerry

May I ask what was wrong with the Kindle? I thought about buying one to use with ForScore, although I am a Mac guy ( iPhone, iPad, MacBook).

Jerry

May I ask what was wrong with the Kindle? I thought about buying one to use with ForScore, although I am a Mac guy ( iPhone, iPad, MacBook).

Nothing is wrong with it. I love it. Since I have an iPad, I wanted to see if I could put about 150 songs on it and use that too, or maybe let someone borrow it at a session. The Kindle can accept micro SD memory cards, so it has tremendous storage potential. Adding files is a simple drag and drop operation.

Also, several people with iPads asked me how they could use that for their song list, and I'd like to be able to tell them. I have two 10.1" Kindles and one 8". All three cost less than one iPad.

So I don't need iTunes?

Ah! You're Fil. I'll be seeing you soon in NJ!

Correct, you don't need iTunes. with Dropbox/unrealbook. (Same for OnSong, I think.)

Come and say hi at the NJ Uke Fest!

- FiL

Problem solved. I saw that I had DropBox on the iPad, so I opened it and downloaded the 138 songs I wanted. They appear in an alphabetical list - just what I wanted. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Just remember that Dropbox is a "shared" space. If you delete the files from one of your other synced locations (like your main PC), they could just poof away from your iPad as well. So you still may want to copy from Dropbox into some other app (Books, iBooks, forScore, etc.)

Top Bottom