Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd soprano for a lover of the Kiwaya KS-5

Gorgeous! I had a rosewood and cedar Bruko concert that was fantastic. Waiting for that DHL truck was agony, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CPG View Post
    Well, my curiosity about one of the special Brukos I've been eyeballing for a while got the best of me. I decided to pull the trigger on this cedar top, mahogany body and neck, standard scale soprano.

I love the sound of cedar and I figure this will answer the bruko question for me once and for all. If all hog and cedar are too bright then any bruko will be too bright for me. I figure if I dont like it I'll just sell it here and take the loss having learned a little more about what I like.

I love cedar tops! Give us an NUD post after it arrives (please).
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Kiwaya KPC-1M; Kiwaya KCU-1, Takumi TC-1M, Takumi TC-3K, Musicguymic’s Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    This is sad, to remember a ukulele and not a human, I apologise. I'm glad that one found a good home. I think I had it before I smashed up my thumb, I'd have a hard time with the neck now, I think.
    No worries. I don't think I had ever posted here at the time so there wasn't really anyone for you to remember. I sure as heck dont remember everyone I've sold things to on forums.
    Weymann Model 10 Mahogany Soprano (c. 1918)
    David Hanson (Cripple Creek Mandolins) Mahogany Teardrop Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    I love cedar tops! Give us an NUD post after it arrives (please).
    Will do. Yeah cedar is awesome. I don't think I will ever sell my Kala cedar top tenor, no matter that other higher end ukes I might end up with some day. I just love those cedar overtones. Im really curious to learn how cedar impacts that quintessential bruko sound, if at all.

Plus this Bruko will look like my Kalas baby.
    Weymann Model 10 Mahogany Soprano (c. 1918)
    David Hanson (Cripple Creek Mandolins) Mahogany Teardrop Soprano

Thread Information