In Love With Titanium

Uke66

Reaction score
Okay, so maybe not "in love", but I am thoroughly infatuated and would like to go steady!

Not too long ago, I put a set of D'Addario"s EJ87B Titanium uke strings on my $30 Rogue Baritone, ... I know, it's kind of like putting Hollandaise sauce on Spam, but I tell you, the sound I got from that cheap-a$$ ukulele was amazing.

And now, I'm about to purchase a Kala Ziricote Concert uke and I want to use the same type of strings, BUT .... I want a low G setup.

I wrote to D'Addario asking them, but in the meantime, does anyone know is such a set is even available?

If not, is there some safe way to swap in a low G from another set and still be happy?

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited:
I am not knowledgeable so this may be wrong, but I just recently read that low g is only available for tenors?

If not, is there some safe way to swap in a low G from another set and still be happy?

I would just swap out the high g for Fremont soloist. You can order them from Elderly Instruments.

Since the D'Addario Titanium Ukulele Strings don't come in a low G version, you need to buy that string ala carte. For a low G, simply adds a .028" or .029" silver wound string to your ukulele set. And D'Addario has a lot of choices: composites, EXL, polished, etc. Realize that D'Addario's ukulele strings are the same as their classical guitar strings but with different packaging and labeling.

I'd string for the D'Addario NYL028W Silver-plated Copper Classical Single String, .028 (or .029" if you hit hard). That string is easier to find than the others and is normally in stock at Strings by Mail. If you prefer coated, polished or composite, buy the same diameter (might find .028" since it's commonly used as the 4th string on classical guitars).

Last edited:
GHS has an artist curated set by Sarah Maisel. CEA are titanium’s with a flouro low G. I just got two sets but haven’t used them yet.

I am not knowledgeable so this may be wrong, but I just recently read that low g is only available for tenors?

That may be true for many pre-packed sets but you can always buy a wound string separately. And a .028" silver wound nylon from D'Addario is the same whether labeled for classical guitar, tenor, baritone, requinto, etc.

Last edited:
Use "go advanced" instead of "quick reply". And disable your vpn, if you are using one.

That usually works for me...

Top Bottom