Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 371 - EEEasy does it

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    e is for eurovision
    Oh lordy, why didn't I include that fact in the risk assessment? Warning to the rest of the world - we are only about 7 weeks away from Eurovision 2019, so things like this might become more frequent soon...
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Sorry to be the bringer of doom and gloom, but it's my party and I'll do a Morrissey song if I want to.
    This one appealed to me when it first came out (over 30 years ago!!!), because the "seaside town that they forgot to bomb" sounded very much like the place where I went on holiday for too many years as a child - and where my parents had just retired to. Thirty years on, it is still much the same.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Hello, Steve ... and thank you for a splendid theme this week! (What HAVE you unleashed with Lynda and Eurovision?) In my quest for the unexpected, I decided on this song from 1911. And, my apologies ... I didn't realise, until I started to sing, that I am losing my voice.

Last edited by LimousinLil; 03-25-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

This one's all about saying goodbye. Gordon Lightfoot.
    Images from my visit to Michigan in 2004, Railway museums at home and one from the North York Moors Railway. One of the pictures was from an open air museum with a restored 19th century town and a short stretch of steam railroad that we visited whose name & exact location I forget. Somewhere north of Flint iirc. There is (hopefully not was) at least one seasonista from Michigan who might remind me.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Greetings,

Well, this is something different for sure. The song is from the 60's I think called " Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire. There's a lot of words and it's not very melodic but somehow the message kind of sticks to ya.

" Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Oh lordy, why didn't I include that fact in the risk assessment? Warning to the rest of the world - we are only about 7 weeks away from Eurovision 2019, so things like this might become more frequent soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    What HAVE you unleashed with Lynda and Eurovision?
    7 weeks away!!!!!!!!! e is for excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lynda

acid skiffle

This is one of my favorite songs. I knew if I ever tried it, I would end up going kinda crazy with it, and that's what happened. The whole band came out for this one. This is also my first experiment with lip-syncing, so the music is not all going to line up perfectly with the video.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Default 371-1

A Radney Foster tune that I've always loved.

Default 371-2

This is an Alison Krauss song I like a lot.

wow! check out rex's fab new uke, people!!!!!!!!

ok, here is a homemade song for the season... e is for "extinct"...

lynda

acid skiffle

Thread Information