Season 371 - EEEasy does it

Another catch-up done, and I think we are up to 59 videos by about 30 Seasonistas. The last couple of days have brought us songs from all eras, as far back as the 1300s, and everything from gentle noodling to 3-string electric fuzz (guess who).

There are still about 72 hours to go, so time to dig up another golden oldie and send it our way. And if you have hit four songs, well, what the heck - let's make it FIVE

Hi Steve, I lost my voice for most of this week, and then chose and abandoned a song which I realised, on reflection, might be considered "controversial" (so unlike me!!!) At last ... after several hours of uploading (well, over one hour, anyway), I bring you, from 1954:

Eyes on the prize

One from me, from the Seeger Sessions. As usual, I look like I've just swallowed a fly.

Hi Friends,
I wasn't sure whether there were guidelines about dropping the F-bomb in songs... so I've uploaded both a foul-language and a fowl-language version of this week's entry.

"Every F*cking City"

"Every ducking City"

Hi Steve, I lost my voice for most of this week, and then chose and abandoned a song which I realised, on reflection, might be considered "controversial" (so unlike me!!!) ...

I'm desperate to know what the controversial song was!!

These guys used to be hugely popular around here. One thing I liked about them was that Barbara K's voice was so low, I could sing her part in the right octave most of the time. I managed to squeeze this one in outside as the sun was setting.

Original key!

Wahoo! Green light on five...and I’ve drunk to drown, on every ocean I’ve been. Lake Tanganyika, where the crocodiles swim....
Little Flogging Molly’s for ya. Wish I could play my ‘Cordeen and my uke at the same time. Alas, that is impossible.

Last edited:
Season 371 End of the line

My Contribution to Season 371
End of the line - a bit of strummy affair :)
I found editing the video the hardest.

I never used a forum before so If you cannot see it let me know

[URL="

Last edited:
My Contribution to Season 371
End of the line - a bit of strummy affair :)
I found editing the video the hardest.

I never used a forum before so If you cannot see it let me know

https://youtu.be/pYkGOr5nmeQ
Hiya redJAG, welcome along. If you click on the share icon beneath your video, then open up a post on here. See that little icon up top that looks like a strip of film? Click on it, paste your video link into the “Insert Video Clip” box that appears, click OK, and your video will be embedded in your post.

I'm desperate to know what the controversial song was!!

The song was "Everybody Loves Me, Baby", by Don McLean. I came to the conclusion that although it's ostensibly about an egomaniac who cannot believe that his attentions are spurned, it is more probably a criticism of the U.S.A. (I'd never really paid that much attention to the words before!)

I think that's 72 videos now. Just realised that the Seasons is only half way through a 4 week tour of UK hosts. We may be dithering over Europe, but we sure as hell ain't giving up the best club there is.:cool:

No 3 from me. A short song as per Jon Duncan, padded out with some tenor recorder. The melody is modal and needs just two chords, Dm & Am though I replace the last Am with A7.

Lyrics

Evening
by Geoff Walker

[Dm]Now the sun is [Am]sinking low
[Dm]In the sky’s a [Am]soft, red glow
[Dm]Birds, they all re[Am]tire to [Dm]nest
[Am]Evening and it's [A7]time to [Dm]rest

Evening is a time of rest
When the sun sinks in the west
When the light becomes the gloam
That's the time to head for home

I look back over my day