Season 371 - EEEasy does it

I did this David Allan Coe song awhile back, and it got a good response, so this is a good time to try it again. The subject matter of this one is stuff I think about. I gave myself a double challenge here, I tried to do a rocker on a soprano, and do it sitting down.

For Season of the Ukulele 371, we're asked to post a recording of a song whose title begins with the letter "E".
Here's "Everything Merges With the Night" by Brian Eno, played on baritone ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ubass, secondary vocals, and synthesizer.

Here's a Jimmie Rodgers song, written by his collaborator Elsie McWilliams. I added some clumsy picking in lieu of yodeling. You don't want to hear me yodel.

The Raleigh Uke Jam plays this song pretty regularly. The great fun about it is that no one under the age of 40 would understand the premise of "Smokey and the Bandit." Period. Why did they have to smuggle Coors into Atlanta? It's brewed in Virginia now. And besides, Coors isn't that good!!

Anyway, it's a fun song with some tricky changes. And the title begins with "E."

This is a Translator cover. Ericval knows at least one of the band members.

Less than 12 hours in and there are already 15 songs on the playlist. Good going, guys and gals.

Here's a "Whispering" Bill Anderson song from 1974 that I'd never heard before. The picking, along with the fast moving and cute lyrics appealed to me as fun challenge, so here it is.

Best thing to come out of Swindon? The A419 North.:D
:) heh heh, never having been there I can’t comment Steve. However, I love XTC, and this is from the album Skylarking. Andy Partridge is one of those unsung songwriting geniuses in my opinion. I love his approach to songwriting, familiar yet different. The subject matter is something we can all relate to as well.

Eileen Og

Cathy Jordan with that gypsy spirit did Eileen Og best.

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen Og an' that the darlin's name is [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Through the Barony her features they were famous [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]If we loved her then who was there to blame us [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]For wasn't she the Pride of Petravore? [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]But her beauty made us all so shy [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Not a man could look her in the eye [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Boys, Oh boys, sure that's the reason why [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]We're in mournin' for the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen Og me heart is growin' grey [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Ever since the day you wandered far away [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen Og there's good fish in the say [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]But there's none of them like the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Friday at the fair of Ballintubber [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen met McGrath the cattle jobber [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]I'd like to set me mark upon the robber [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]For he stole away the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]He never seemed to see the girl at all [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Even when she ogled him from underneath her shawl [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Lookin' big and masterful when she was lookin' small [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Most provokin' for the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen Og me heart is growin' grey [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Ever since the day you wandered far away [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen Og there's good fish in the say [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]But there's none of them like the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]So it went as 'twas in the beginning [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Eileen Og was bent upon the winning [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Big McGrath contentedly was grinning [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Being courted by the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Sez he: "I know a girl that could knock you into fits" [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]At that Eileen nearly lost her wits [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]The upshot of the ruction was that now the robber sits [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]With his arm around the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Boys, Oh boys, with fate 'tis hard to grapple [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Of my eyes 'tis Eileen was the apple [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Now to see her walkin' to the chapel [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]With the hardest featured man in Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]Now, boys, this is all I have to say: [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]When you do your courtin' make no display [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]If you want them to run after you, just walk the other way [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]For they're mostly like the Pride of Petravore [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][I]But there's none of them like the Pride of Petravore[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Top Bottom