Season 371 - EEEasy does it

YorkSteve

Still strummin'
UU VIP
Reaction score

So, after a dangerous gamble with a Scrabble set (we could have had a whole week of doing Zambesi and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah) , the result is E

Any songs this week, as long as the TITLE starts with the letter E

All the usual rules & guidelines apply –
- The recording must be new this week
- A ukulele must be in there somewhere
- Originals more than welcome, with titles starting with E
- The Season kicks off at the start of Sunday 24th, Hawaii time, and ends as Sunday 31st draws to a close, Hawaii time.
- A maximum of FIVE songs each please, to give me a chance to keep up and comment.

No prizes this week, just the glory of taking part, and maybe some honourable mentions at the end.

The Playlist is here

Look forward to Evaluating your Endeavours.

Last edited:
Ecstatic! Everything eligibly entitled, equitably examined! Excelsior!

Ooh, that gave me a nasty turn for a moment ... but just songs BEGINNING with "e"! As Rick said, "phew"!

excellent! i was also gonna say ingenious but that doesn't start with e.................................

You've missed out on your chance to hear me attempt Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid" as well...

Don't believe Turtledrum when she tries to make out that she's dyslexic, she's as crafty as a cart load of monkeys :)

Season 371. Submission 1. “Everybody’s Talkin’” (Words and music by Fred Neil, 1966, and recorded by Fred Neil in 1966). This song was featured in the film Midnight Cowboy, in a version performed by Harry Nilsson (1969).

Thank you for hosting, Steve, and your great theme!

Playing tenor uke and soprano banjolele here.

Last edited:
what began as an idea for an improvised instrumental
grew wings when kevin penned some lyrics to jon's music.
this song is the result.
thank you for the week, Steve, and the reason.

EVERYTHING WE'LL BE

Close your eyes
Hold your breath, can you see
You and I, and what we'll do
You and I, and what we'll be
What we will be
Side by side we'll go far
We'll always be
Hand in hand catching stars

Here's one I've been dying to try for years. By Foo Fighters

A proper bedhead special having been up since half 3

Wow, this has taken off quickly!

Don't forget there is still a day to go in Geoff's Season 370 parade of amazing songs which we didn't buy enough copies of.

Thanks Steve.Like your concept and wanted to find something new (for me).An old jazz standard.Probably most well known by Sinatra but i listened to Chet Baker's version for this.Some nice easy jazz chords on Dr Uke's site for this.if anyone wants to dip into such things.

Great theme Steve, and I know EXACTLY which song I’ll be bringing, plus I’ve started on an original too, inspired in part by the writer of the cover I’m bringing. Who is it? Well let’s just say fewer finer things have come out of Swindon. Was possibly going to do Everlong, but something, a sixth sense if you will, told me Ryan would do that one ;)....and I doubt I’ll have time to do 3 songs in any case.

another song kev and I recorded this afternoon
this, a dream song from Steve Earle's Copperhead Road LP (1988)

Top Bottom