Season 371 - EEEasy does it

Sorry to be the bringer of doom and gloom, but it's my party and I'll do a Morrissey song if I want to.
This one appealed to me when it first came out (over 30 years ago!!!), because the "seaside town that they forgot to bomb" sounded very much like the place where I went on holiday for too many years as a child - and where my parents had just retired to. Thirty years on, it is still much the same.

Hello, Steve ... and thank you for a splendid theme this week! (What HAVE you unleashed with Lynda and Eurovision?) In my quest for the unexpected, I decided on this song from 1911. And, my apologies ... I didn't realise, until I started to sing, that I am losing my voice.

Last edited:
This one's all about saying goodbye. Gordon Lightfoot.
Images from my visit to Michigan in 2004, Railway museums at home and one from the North York Moors Railway. One of the pictures was from an open air museum with a restored 19th century town and a short stretch of steam railroad that we visited whose name & exact location I forget. Somewhere north of Flint iirc. There is (hopefully not was) at least one seasonista from Michigan who might remind me.

Greetings,

Well, this is something different for sure. The song is from the 60's I think called " Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire. There's a lot of words and it's not very melodic but somehow the message kind of sticks to ya.

Oh lordy, why didn't I include that fact in the risk assessment? Warning to the rest of the world - we are only about 7 weeks away from Eurovision 2019, so things like this might become more frequent soon...

What HAVE you unleashed with Lynda and Eurovision?

:eek: 7 weeks away!!!!!!!!! e is for excitement!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

This is one of my favorite songs. I knew if I ever tried it, I would end up going kinda crazy with it, and that's what happened. The whole band came out for this one. This is also my first experiment with lip-syncing, so the music is not all going to line up perfectly with the video.

this, an improvised recording from kev and me
i'm on the bari, kev's on the keys

Here's a Jim Lauderdale song, written by Lauderdale and Robert Hunter, that I did before, but dusted it off again now. A fun, albeit frantic, song about the end of the world, and with some of the world leaders nowadays, who knows!! This is a hard song to pull off.

Unlike Trent and Pa, I usually don't get songs in first takes, but this time I did. I had to keep my eyes shut to remember all the words, but I figured it was not going to get any better than this right here.

Phew, I have caught up again. 34 and counting, and there is so much good stuff in there. Songs from all decades, improvisations from across the continents, Rex's amazing new uke, and a dinosaur that looks nothing like BEV, honest. And I am going to have Egyptian Ella buzzing around in my head for quite some time - thanks Yukio.

Keep 'em coming!

A quick little recording, the 9th take is a as good as it gets :)

This one goes back to 1988 - but it was only when I heard it again a few years back that I realised just how much I like it. I’ve never been a big Fleetwood Mac fan, but there’s something about this particular song that really works for me.

Pushing my barrow right through your season. Felt like knocking a few out tonight...some times ya just gotta make sounds.

I had to do this one, though I have done it before. I was born in Berkeley CA, and lived in the East Bay until I was 10. I loved living there. My little sister and I, and our dog Charlie would go on adventures constantly, living by the old rule that we need to be home by the time the lights went on. A’s games for $5. Fenton’s Ice Cream...the Grand Theater, and most importantly the Piedmont Rose Garden (I have always adored that place and felt really connected to it- I don’t know why), these things made me happiest.
We moved to the Penninsula, and I think I hated every day of living there and fled it the minute I could. Not sure I would ever move back to the East Bay, but it’s funny you know? Melissa loves the look I get on my face when I am driving somewhere and I say “wait- I gotta show you something.” Somehow we always end up exactly where I want to be even though I couldn’t describe how to get there. Hopped off the freeway one day and took her to my old house.
Parked the car and walked her to Fenton’s. After 30 years. Just like I did with my sister every Saturday when we were kids.
I don’t know...but I think that the places you love as a kid are the ones you love the most.
I love this place very much.

Top Bottom