VIDEO- Hand Writing my Letter of Materials

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
~ All Good Things Take Time ~

This is a different sort of video.
It isn't a tutorial on woodworking or luthiery but what I do after that.

For every instrument I deliver, I take the time to hand write a letter of materials for the customer to know
every element of the build and for that information to (hopefully) follow that instrument over the decades to come.

This isn't a praise of my penmanship-
I'm not a neat or talented marker of lettering. Perfect calligraphy isn't the point of this. I do, however, enjoy the procedure and the added element of hand made personal luxury it brings.

Last edited:
I used to do a bit of that, I don't think my eyes would be good enough now.

Attachments

• Sea Fever.jpg
    Sea Fever.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 44
This is ASMR :D

You should probably Google it. I don't want to get the exact definition wrong.
ASMR videos typically can have whispering, soft scratching, clicking, etc. sounds (among many other things).

Certain sounds can give people a tingly feeling.

Just look on YouTube. ASMR is huge now.

It both looks and sounds great! I wish I has the patience to write my diary by hand. It’s such a meditative process. I need to try it because I lack meditation practice in my life, especially since I got this new job.
Calligraphy always seemed something impossible to do to me because it needs a lot of attention and patience from the one doing it, and I don’t have those qualities. I would also like to try Persian Calligraphy because it’s the way my ancestors used to write. I don’t even speak Farci and cannot write in Arabic characters, but I will really try to. I just need to decide to do that and not run away from this activity all the time.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have that as a hidden rolled manuscript in a sealed cavity in the neck. I have pen-scrawled holiday locations on the paper under the soundhole on one crappy ukulele and it is a pleasurable experience catching sight of it.

Top Bottom