Thread: Daniel ho polani book

Default Daniel ho polani book

So I bought the Daniel ho polani book. Been playing some of the tunes and they are great. Just the type of stuff I like. Anyone have any recommendations of other books that are similar? Other artists?

Thanks in advance!

Probably not what you're looking for, but Daniel Ho does have other books, too. I have his Ukulele Songbook, and enjoy that one also.
    But, I'm guessing that you're looking for books by someone other than Daniel Ho?

You might find some tunes that appeal to you here:
    http://www.theukulelereview.com/shee...ental-ukulele/
    Last edited by Joyful Uke; 03-27-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    Probably not what you're looking for, but Daniel Ho does have other books, too. I have his Ukulele Songbook, and enjoy that one also.
    But, I'm guessing that you're looking for books by someone other than Daniel Ho?

You might find some tunes that appeal to you here:
    http://www.theukulelereview.com/shee...ental-ukulele/

I'd look at other Daniel ho books. Just wondering if anything else was out there.

Here's hoping there are some good responses in this thread!

I have both Ho's Polani book and his Ukulele Songbook. Both are excellent, very enjoyable to play and to hear. I am still not at a level to perform many of Ho's compositions, so these two books could probably keep me busy for years.

Still, it would be very nice to know about some other artists who write original fingerstlye pieces for solo ukulele.

Arpeggio Meditations by Daniel Ward is loosely similar to Daniel Ho's book. Many of the exercises have a "meditative" feeling reminiscent of some of Ho's originals. Some of the exercises from Rob MacKillop's 20 Progressive Finger Studies for Uke also bear resemblance to Ho's work.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

I have a book by Tony Mizen called The Romantic Ukulele - Classical Music for the Ukulele. Like 24 pieces. Tabs and Chords. ISBN 978-1-4950-2254-8
    Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. Low-G. I named it "Lumière"
    Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol. High-G I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele wound Low-G
    Cynthia Lin Performance uke. Concert scale with a cutaway Low-G
    Kala Soprano KA-KCT-S Ziricote fitted with Ernie Ball clear High-G
    Just ordered a tenor sized custom electric uke from Brian Fanner . . . wonder how long ETA. . .

Quote Originally Posted by bacchettadavid View Post
    Arpeggio Meditations by Daniel Ward is loosely similar to Daniel Ho's book. Many of the exercises have a "meditative" feeling reminiscent of some of Ho's originals. Some of the exercises from Rob MacKillop's 20 Progressive Finger Studies for Uke also bear resemblance to Ho's work.
    I have both of those books and I agree, wonderful soothing music in both books
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thread Information