Nbd

Nickie

Reaction score
Short for New Banjouke Day.
I had sold my Duke banjolele to a friend for a gift to her husband.
So, Mim came up with this little cutey for me. The concert scale neck fits MUCH better, and I already like the tone a bit better, maybe because it fits my hand???
Mim even marked the spot where the bridge goes.
I don't care for the ears tuning buttons, maybe one day I'll trade them for some planetary tuners.
I really like the way Goldtone put in this head that looks like hide, but it's not, so I don't have to feel bad about killing an animal.

banjo0.jpg
banjo00.jpg

Nice! Glad Mim found one that suited you so well. The head does look good.

Ear geared tuners don't bother me at all. Even on sopranos. I prefer open-gear tuners to enclosed ones. I have two tenors with Fender-style headstocks. I have two tenors with UPT tuners. They are very good as well.

Very nice. I have a couple of Gold Tones, and they play very nicely. When I received the Gold Tone Gem, it came with a long piece of plastic to find where the bridge should go. Clever idea. Of course, you can always measure from the nut to the 12th fret to get the distance.

Lookin’ Good, Nickie! I want to get a banjo ukulele. It seems that all the cool kids have one now.

Lookin’ Good, Nickie! I want to get a banjo ukulele. It seems that all the cool kids have one now.

I'll be posting a Gold Tone Gem (blue) later today - with a hard case. I paid $150 and then bought a $50 case for it, so $150 for both seems reasonable. It's in like-new condition. I bought it from Mim last August.

So, Mim came up with this little cutey for me. The concert scale neck fits MUCH better, and I already like the tone a bit better, maybe because it fits my hand???
I don't care for the ears tuning buttons, maybe one day I'll trade them for some planetary tuners.
I really like the way Goldtone put in this head that looks like hide, but it's not, so I don't have to feel bad about killing an animal.

View attachment 116539
View attachment 116540

Hey glad you found one that works for you. Thanks for reminding me to bump my Duke. I took a look at yours and I like that it comes with a pickup (even though I may never use it). I'll probably change to open gear tuners. It's got those cheap enclosed ones that came on the cheap uke I butchered for the neck.
Have fun!!

I really like the way Goldtone put in this head that looks like hide, but it's not.

I use the same ones Remo Fibreskin.

They wanted to "hide" the fact that it's synthetic. :)

Groan, Jerry!

Thank you Dennis, you're so kind. You know I'd love a Southern Cross banjouke, but my skills are nowhere near deserving of one, and my bank account says "not now".
For now, I'm thinking the GoldTone will do just fine. Using it for the 1st time in our open mic Wednesday eve.

Groan, Jerry!

Thank you Dennis, you're so kind. You know I'd love a Southern Cross banjouke, but my skills are nowhere near deserving of one, and my bank account says "not now".
For now, I'm thinking the GoldTone will do just fine. Using it for the 1st time in our open mic Wednesday eve.

No problem. Enjoy your new Banjo Uke. :)

Groan, Jerry!

If I was waiting to become a great player before I bought a good uke, I'd still be playing the cheapie I bought at an ABC store in Hawaii for $20. Your playing skill is irrelevant. You see a uke you really want - you buy it! I've become an expert at that. :)

Top Bottom