FS: Gold Tone Little Gem Banjo Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryc41

Reaction score
SOLD

$130 for uke and hard case + shipping

I am offering my Gold Tone Little Gem Sapphire (blue) concert banjo ukulele for sale. I have several other banjo ukes, and I’m trying to reduce inventory. I bought this last August from Mim, and it’s in like-new condition. I has that great banjo/ukulele sound combination. Since it’s made of acrylic, it’s very light (2.63 lbs) and durable. I bought a $50 mandolin hard case for it, and that is included. This is an inexpensive way to get a very good banjo ukulele.

I paid $150 the uke and another $50 for the case, so I think $130 is fair for both. Pay with PayPal, and it will go out within one or two business days. Buyer pays shipping, and I’ll pay insurance.

01.jpg 02.jpg 04.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Google Plus pictures here -
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UVRK8pEF1YAzW9J3A

More info here -
https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldtone/instruments/little-gem

Last edited:
Its a good deal....have one....and have had many uke banjos as I play banjo uke op in our uke performance group...
I use the little gem and my $1000 southern cross custom....

key..on the Little GEM ....For me anyway was..
change strings to Diaddario rectified black nylon concert..
make sure bridge is located in right spot
take off back cover. ...( make it an open back )
use the adjustment wrench provided and experiment with drum head tension...set what appeals to your ears
I also lower the action a bit
and you will be surprised how well it sounds and plays...with a few tweaks

I certainly was...

Last edited:
Its a good deal....have one....and have had many uke banjos as I play banjo uke op in our uke performance group...
I use the little gem and my $1000 southern cross custom....

key..For me anyway was..
change strings to Diaddario rectified black nylon concert..
make sure bridge is located in right spot
take off back cover. ...( make it an open back )
and you will be surprised how well it sounds and plays...

I certainly was...

Taking off the back and changing the strings, did you do this to the Little Gem or the Southern Cross ?

Little gem sounds just fine with the back plate on, I just personally prefer the sound, volume/projection (and less weight) with the back off.

the string change made a big difference to me, orig stings kind of cheap...but these are all fine points and personal preference. For the money, I do not think you can beat it. I preferred this over a $285 firefly concert banjo ( which i had).

Last edited:
Re: strings....changed the tone from/to ???

mmmmm...
from tinny to warmer banjo tone (if there is such a thing): I like the slightly looser tension too,,for clawhammer style. Also as a bonus, the black strings look good. Years ago I saw a youtube banjo uke review,..
guy had about 6 or 8 banjo ukes and he recommended the Diadarrio rectified nylons as his favorite. So I remembered that and bought them.

Somebody buy this!
I played one identical to it last weekend, and the tone was out of this world.
So I bought one, not knowing Jerry was gonna sell his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom